Description Job Description:
Leidos is seeking a talented Systems Engineer SME to join our team to support a federal customer within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Enterprise Security Operations Center (ESOC). The Splunk Systems Engineer role provides support across a progressing agile team environment focused on supporting the ESOC Operations mission. The Splunk engineer will support the full system engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, test, documentation, and implementation following defined best practices and operational workflows. This role will engage in infrastructure solution design and architecture, information assurance, advisory, compliance, and risk management support. The skills outlined below will be used across the enterprise in supporting all divisions and missions and not necessarily specific to the Splunk platform but will sometimes be general infrastructure engineering or support tasks within the same mission space.
- Build, implement and administer Splunk in Windows and Linux environments.
- Assist in the technical design process, and provide guidance/direction to the customer on how to best get value from Splunk products.
- Establish and maintain configuration control and provide technical support.
- Perform data ingestion and visualization for Splunk.
- On-board new data sources into Splunk, analyze the data for anomalies and trends, and build dashboards highlighting the key trends of the data.
- Design, develop, recommend and implement Splunk dashboards and alerts to support the ESOC Operations team.
- Perform integration activities to connect with 3rd party software APIs.
- Work with stakeholders to develop requirements and deliverables.
- Manage automating Splunk deployments and orchestration within a Cloud environment.
- The candidate shall have Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or related field and a minimum of 15+ years of experience in system administration, database administration, network engineering, software engineering, or software development, with a concentration in Cybersecurity. Additionally, the candidate shall have five (5) years of experience with Splunk.
- Years of experience in lieu of a degree may be considered
- At least one of the following certifications: CASP, ====IH, ====WN, GISF, GISP, GSSP, GICSP, GSSP, SEI, CISSP, CSSLP, SSCP, CCNP, CCNP Security, CCIE Security, CEH, ECSP, MCSE, RHCA, RHCE, VCP, VCAP, VCIX, VCDX
- Splunk Enterprise Certified Architect
- Extensive experience implementing, architecting and administering Splunk and Splunk Enterprise Security Suite
- Experience writing Splunk queries in Splunk Programming Language (SPL)
- Extensive experience with two of SQL, MySQL, or Oracle
- Experience administering Linux OS, particularly RedHat Enterprise
- Department of Homeland Security ESOC employees are required to obtain an Entry on Duty (EOD) clearance to support this program.
External Referral Bonus:
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Extensive experience working in AWS
- Experience developing in HTML, CSS
IneligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Security Architecture and Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.