Description Job Description:
As the trusted IT and network provider for more than 3 million government users, Leidos brings the domain experience and mission understanding to transform complex systems into modernized networks. We leverage innovations in technology and the creativity of our people to bring outstanding value to our customers. Leidos is the largest systems integrator and provider of IT services to the U.S. government, serving customers across all sectors. We bring decades of experience leading large-scale, secure government networks and mission-critical programs to bear. With recent new program wins for mission critical networks, our footprint in this market is growing, and so are opportunities to join our team.
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a Splunk Systems Engineer Splunk Systems Engineer responsibilities:
• Build, implement and administer Splunk in Windows and Linux environments.
• Perform data ingestion and visualization for Splunk
• Build and integrate contextual data into notable events
• Recognizing and on-boarding new data sources into Splunk, analyzing the data for anomalies and trends, and building dashboards highlighting the key trends of the data.
• Provide technical, managerial and administrate direction relative to the problem
• Recommend innovative solutions to management and key stakeholders
• Work in a Linux environment, editing and maintaining Splunk configuration files and apps.
• Develop and provide reports on the usage of information and data
• Experience in SQL query development leveraging HTML, XML, CSS, Bash, Java, and Python scripts.
• Provide mentorship and direction to junior systems engineers.
• Working with clients to develop requirements and deliverables.
• Manage automating Splunk deployments and orchestration within a Cloud environmentQualifications:
• Bachelor's degree and minimum 8+ years of relevant experience in software or infrastructure engineering and architecture, or a Master's degree and 6+ years' experience.
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Extensive experience implementing, architecting and administering Splunk and Splunk Enterprise Security Suite
• Experience developing in HTML, XML, CSS, Bash, JAVA and Python scriptsDesired Skills/Qualifications:
- Familiarity with the deployment and design of distributed systems
- Experience with basic networking principles/setup
- Experience with data ingestion, data reduction, and data analysis techniques
• Certified Splunk Administrator