Skyrocket Ventures is a recruiting firm for hundreds of high growth technology companies that range from industry leaders to top-tier startups. This opportunity is with one of our clients for a full-time permanent hire. Please only apply if you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Please note that even if this job is not a perfect match, we encourage you to apply as long as it is in the ballpark. Our clients are often interested in candidates who may be more jr. or sr. than the description indicates, or may be missing some of the requirements, as long as the most important qualifications are there and the candidate is good in general.
If you are interested in this position and would like to pursue it, please apply by sending your resume in word, text, or html (not PDF) format.
If you have any friends or colleagues who may be interested in career advancement in the technology industry, please introduce them to us. If we place someone referred by you, we'll thank you with a significant referral reward. The majority of jobs we are recruiting for are not posted online, so if this job does not fit you but you would like to know which jobs would be the best fit for you, please get in touch with us. We can then do a more customized search for you.
Feel free to check out testimonials from some of our many candidates/clients here: http://www.linkedin.com/in/mstrassberg
Sr/Staff C++ Software Engineer / Architect (IoT startup, up to $200k)
Mountain View, CA
The Internet of Things (IOT) space is projected to grow to a $1.7 trillion dollar industry by 2020. This IoT startup is innovating in the space, utilizing the latest technologies in a variety of areas such as artificial intelligence, computer science, distributed computing, stream & batch data services, large scale system design, and more. They already have large customers, and are rapidly growing.
The company is seeking a hands-on engineer who is passionate about building core components to power their Internet of Things platform.
The company is offering up to $200k in base salary, plus equity that could be very lucrative.
- Designing and developing the company’s platform that uses containers with sophisticated data processing capabilities to move and execute applications in a heterogeneous environment
- Providing technology leadership and guidance to the engineering team
- Developing software modules to implement product vision
- Expertise in C++
- Experience building reliable, high performance, fault tolerant, large scale distributed systems
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal communications skills
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of complex event processing engines and real time streaming data processing
- Knowledge of internet security
- Knowledge of OS/networking concepts
- Knowledge of compilers.
- Knowledge of embedded systems and low footprint devices