Our passion here at Schwab is to transform people's lives by changing the way the world invests. Schwab's C
sset Services, S
ettlements and T
ransfer of Assets ( CAST
) technology organization is recruiting to hire a results-oriented and talented agile developer with a strong track record of technology-enabled business delivery. CAST is part of the Cash and Stock Solutions G roup ( CSS) which provid es Move Money, Asset Servicing and other Core Brokerage business capabilities to Schwab's Retail and Institutional businesses. This specific position will be apart of a new Options Modernization team dedicated to delivering the next generation options capabilities for Schwab & TDA. What you are good at
This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong problem solving skills who can contribute in a highly collaborative culture and agile team environment. The ability to deliver innovative, low cost, reliable solutions is key to success in this role. Our Software Engineers are driven to learn, grow, and continuously contribute to evolving the Schwab experience and technology. You will work as part of the Options modernization team and help deliver the next generation options exercise capabilities in .Net stack and help integration with TDA systems
What you have
- Collaborate with product owners and business stakeholders to define strategy and scope of software requirements (decompose stories, design features, and prioritize tasks)
- Deliver new concepts and features, working alongside development peers in an agile environment
- Serve as an informal leader: leading code reviews and mentoring junior team members
- Partner with scrum master and product owner to provide development sizing & cost analysis estimates
- Utilize automated software test tools and frameworks such as test driven development to achieve the highest quality in software delivery
- Support integration efforts to build whole systems from various subsystems
- Identify technology risks early and establish mitigation plans
Why work for us?
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science or related field followed by 5 + years of progressive, postbaccalaureate experience in Computer Science, Engineering or a related occupation.
- Hands on experience in designing, developing, and deploying cloud-native enterprise applications in public or private cloud
- At least 3 years ' experience participating in the software development lifecycle leveraging the latest methodologies and industry applicable technologies, fluent in C#, .Net core and Angular.
- Experience working and designing large software systems, particularly distributed systems, and architectures
- Experience Developing micro services applications
- At Least 5 years of experience creating web services that can be consumed by other applications and by business analytics
- Strong ability to design, code and debug applications in various software languages
- Experience implementing 12 Factor Applications
- Strong experience in Pivotal Cloud Foundry application development technologies
- Experience with messaging and streaming technologies such as RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deliver y
- Undivided attention to detail and production of quality software solutions
- Experience with git or other distributed code repositories
- Prior experience with trading systems or financial services experience is a plus
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281 .
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.