We are seeking a seasoned AIX/Windows Technician with experience in data center relocations and/or consolidations who is capable of advising clients of design pro/con, migration strategies, implementation strategies, systems management, overall best practices, etc. This individual will function as part of a larger team comprised of other technology Subject Matter Experts.
We prefer local candidates although out of area candidates will also be given consideration. Skills will be the determining factor for selection, not whether you have to travel or not.
- 5 Years AIX & Windows Systems Architect experience with a focus on infrastructure architecture and design as it pertains to data center relocation and consolidation
- Technical Project Management experience
- Technical Project Lead experience
- AIX 5.2, 5.3 and 6.1 skills
- Win2003/2008 Server plus ESX 3.5 and 4.0 skills
- Microsoft & VMware Certifications recommended
- IBM Certifications recommended
- Experience in PowerVM / Advanced Power Virtualization technologies
- Experience in VMware Virtualization technologies, systems management, disaster recovery, etc as it pertains to a virtualized environment
- General UNIX technical consulting services to IT staff and other parties are requested
- Analyze IBM pSeries environment and recommend optimization alternatives
- This is not a telecommute position. Weekly onsite presence is required.
- Please be sure to respond with a Microsoft Word formatted version of your resume.
- Must have your own laptop with Microsoft Office Suite