We are looking for a highly driven leader to facilitate, advocate, drive and evangelize cloud adoption for Global Consumer Technology applications and product lines in various regions and for various lines of businesses. This person will assist development teams in the accelerated adoption of cloud technologies (Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Amazon, Google Cloud etc.) and associated CI/CD tools & methodologies.
- Provide tactical leadership for accelerated adoption of Cloud technologies for Consumer business.
- Be a technical SME and drive IaaS, PaaS, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Amazon, Google Cloud adoption/migrations/roll-outs.
- Promote adoption of highly scalable, well-conditioned Cloud architecture standards.
- Provide technical consulting services to Application Development teams to aid their consumption of Cloud services and ensure adherence to CI/CD pipeline patterns/standards.
- Support framework for Community of Practice, and assist launching a training pattern that includes tool kits, processes, skills/practices, and well as support for early adopter teams.
- Help establish learning framework and organization for DevOps transformation, including development of training modules for application teams.
- Create & continuously improve a new, more automated change management process based on the new practices and patterns needed for & enabled by automated Cloud-based continuous delivery.
- Partner with agile development teams to influence application modernization and migration to cloud platforms.
- Collaborate with architects, platform engineering, application managers, project managers, and infrastructure teams to drive emerging technology standards to industry best practices.
- Identify opportunities to optimize current cloud solutions and perform technical analysis and/or provide -hands on- technical support on an -as needed- basis, to troubleshoot problems related to poorly performing systems in the cloud.
- Prepare weekly status and management reports.
- At least 8 years of experience leading/managing in enterprise level IT projects.
- Experience with issues facing large scale server environments.
- Experience in architecture and support best practices in Pivotal Cloud Foundry or Amazon AWS or Google Cloud.
- Hands-on experience in open source technologies like, Docker, Git, SpringIO, NGINX, Tomcat
- Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry or AWS or Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience with API-M.
- Experience with micro-services.
- Experience working with additional virtualization technologies, VMware is preferred.
- Understanding of cloud application design principles such as 12 factor apps
- Broad knowledge in systems monitoring, alerting and analytics (AppDynamics, Logstash, Splunk, etc.)
- Experience leading transition from legacy to cloud platforms and technologies including CI/CD/RLM.
- Automation, Orchestration, CI/CD, Development or DevOps background.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to provide -hands-on- technical support and analysis on as needed basis.
- Be detail oriented and deliverable focused.
- Sound issue resolution, judgment and influencing skills required.
- Excellent organizational, inter-personal, and project management skills.
- Hard working and self-motivated.
- Should be able to work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple activities and changing priorities.
- Team player, willing to work extra hours, including weekends on an as needed basis with relatively short notice to meet deliverables and migration issues.
- Certification in cloud technologies.