Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live. We are seeking a senior product management professional with energy and passion to help define and drive storage software and data services strategies for EMC’s flagship VMAX product line with a focus on our VMAX All Flash offerings. VMAX’s are deployed by companies across the world for their business and mission-critical applications. VMAX is the undisputed market share leader in the enterprise storage space. This is your chance to build on this success and take it into the future with us.
The ideal candidate will bring product management experience, technology expertise, strategic thinking and market analysis skills to establish the VMAX All Flash software feature vision and multi-year roadmap. The candidate must possess a blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and influencer skills and drive to make that vision a reality. A key measure of success will include market share achievement and successful cross-functional teaming. Successful candidates will participate in the assessment of storage technologies and market requirements and recommend and influence product feature directions.
This position is located at our World Headquarters in Hopkinton, MA.
- Drive effective cross-functional collaboration with engineering, marketing and sales to ensure that short term and long term software strategies for the VMAX All Flash offerings are executed effectively and are in support of business goals. Act as subject matter expert for Flash-centric software features and functionality.
- Understand customer needs and market trends to develop compelling product requirements
- Effectively communicate these requirements to engineering and all the stakeholders
- Engage other functional organizations internally to synthesize ideas on the strategy, planning, and execution of next-generation products. Build consensus and drive execution on product and technology plans.
- Define and prioritize platform and product feature sets
- Create a detailed VMAX All Flash software feature roadmap, tracking progress toward quarterly goals and providing guidance on tactical product execution
- Conduct best-practices research and benchmarking
- Establish metrics to measure team effectiveness and drive improvement
- Determine business-case and feasibility for new and existing product features
- Work with marketing to develop the go-to-market strategy, helping all to understand product positioning, key benefits, and target customer needs
- Provide product life cycle considerations
- 6-10 years relevant experience
- Product lifecycle management experience with demonstrated impact and progression of responsibility
- Strong technical aptitude
- Knowledge of enterprise storage a plus
- Ability to combine big-thinking strategic perspective with a detail-oriented approach to problem solving
- Entrepreneurial, can-do approach coupled with a strong desire to make a difference
- Demonstrates executive presence and ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to work effectively with wide range of personalities
- High energy, results oriented, self-starter
- Ability to accomplish goals through persuasion and influence rather than positional authority
- Ability to productively confront difficult issues (business and personnel), build alignment, and drive change
- Brings in a sense of urgency and drive to get things done
- Superior written and oral communication skills, including excellent presentation skills
- Bachelors’ degree in engineering or sciences required, MBA a plus
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.