ASRC Federal Mission Solutions (AFMS) is a premier provider of systems engineering, software engineering, system integration and project management services for real-time, mission-critical defense systems.
ASRC Federal Mission Solutions (AFMS) is seeking a Senior Data Scientist/ Architect to join its professional engineering team developing state of the art data analytics software. This full-time position, located in Moorestown, New Jersey, affords the successful candidate the opportunity to apply cutting edge techniques and technologies in big data design and analytics to a broad universe of real world tactical problems.
AFMS offers a very robust compensation and benefits package. This is an opportunity to work with an established team in a flexible and excellent work environment. Apply today!
- Development of data architecture requirements and design and oversight of implementation. Design scope to include analytics, storage, secure access and warehousing.
- Work with business domain experts and teams to derive data analytics requirements, data models and algorithms.
- Apply an understanding of global trends and events (e.g., economics, social issues, religious issues) to assist with the formulation of hypotheses for interpretation of data.
- Generate, modify, and test hypotheses that may explain observed results.
- Report results of analysis orally, and in a variety of written formats suitable for audiences of various backgrounds and needs.
- Refine existing methodologies and/or develop new models and analytic techniques consistent with the evolution of technologies and practices.
- Work closely with the AFMS Independent Research and Development (IR&D) teams to develop approaches, algorithms, and software products to drive AFMS into new market areas.
Desirable Experience :
- Hosted cloud storage services such as AWS or Google Cloud Platform.
- Application of data mining techniques to structured and unstructured data for pattern discovery, insights into KPIs and solutions to real world business problems.
- Experience with statistical programming environments like R.
- Trend analysis and predictive modeling.
- Database performance tuning and optimization.
- Data-driven design.
- Design knowledge/experience with natural language processors (NLPs).
- Thorough understanding of DoD mission areas, including information collection, processing, exploitation, and dissemination.
Design and implementation of distributed, scalable, NoSQL cloud storage architectures.
- Data modeling.
- Ability to work independently and effectively collaborate with customers, partners and team members.
- 12 + experience computer science or similar profession such as statics and analytics or 9+ years in data technologies with Big Data platforms
- BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent experience.
- Experience in Data Management, Data Storage and Data Analysis.
- Technical knowledge with; Big Data storage & analytics, Information Science, Software Development and Databases, Systems Security process and systems engineering.
- Proven experience converting large ambiguous data sets into compact visualizations, and transitioning code and requirements to developers.
- Experience defining/architecting end-to-end data flow and data management systems, and multi-system/multi-software interface definition & documentation.
- Strong experience working directly with non-technical customers and translating requirements into actionable prototypes, and developing formal requirements for such prototypes.
- Strong knowledge and experience of software development, modern database and indexing theories.
- Strong knowledge and experience of different data storage, search, and retrieval models
- Experience with any Amazon Web Services (Amazon Simple DB, Amazon S3, Amazon EC2 and/or Amazon SQS)
- Must have US Citizenship in order to obtain and maintain a government security clearance
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, creed, ancestry, marital status, non-job-related handicap or disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.