Title: Sr Application Engineer – JAVA
Location: Chicago IL
Duration: Client Full-Time with Benefits
Customer’s Globex platform is one of the most advanced and sophisticated trading platform in the world. Top notch engineers put their best in ensuring that the Globex trading platform is functioning at its best under any market condition.
Globex Match Engine systems that must achieve a unique blend of ultra-low latency performance, the capacity to seamlessly facilitate the busiest trading days in the world economy, and rock-solid reliability and integrity, all while undergoing rapid release cycles. They are looking for an industrious and driven Senior Software Engineer to be a key contributor. As a member of the Match Engine Order Entry Systems team consultants will be part of highly visible and mission critical initiatives.
• Write core java code adhering to overall architecture and design of existing applications
• Work closely with Quality Assurance to resolve any issues reported by QA / Test Analysis
• Understand performance metric and factors affecting the performance and find ways to improve it
• Leverage automation for increased efficiency
• Track own progress to ensure timely delivery
• Bring in fresh ideas to make improvements
• Participate in code reviews for own as well as others’ code
• Work with other teams involved in project life-cycle
• 8+ years of experience in a Software Development
• Deep understanding of Core Java and Multithreading
• Experience with Ultra Low Latency programming and performance tuning
• Familiarity with Linux, Maven, Git, Jira.
• Agile and test-driven development experience
• C/C++ knowledge will be a plus
• Trading industry experience will be a plus
• Strong communication skills
• Bachelor’s Degree (Preferably CS, CE or IT).
1 Meadowlands Plaza Suite 200 East Rutherford, NJ, 07073