RevUp Your Career
Job Title: Sr BI Visualization Developer
Job Location: Charlotte, NC
Rate/Salary: $60-$65 hr
6 Month plus Contract - May convert to full time
Remote to start
No C2C Candidates will be considered.
- Our Client is an industry leader within the manufacturing industry recently becoming a public company in March of 2021. With this exciting change comes significant opportunities for growth within the technology organization. The Information Technology organization is leading the transformation of the company into the digital age. This opportunity is for highly talented individuals who are seeking a challenge to leverage their professional experience to drive value and success to its internal and external customers
- This is a six-month contract with the possibility of extending in to 2022 and the potential to convert to a full-time employee
- The head of Data and Analytics is currently evaluating and will soon be transitioning from a number of BI visualization tools to a globally unified toolset to be selected and migrated to. This position will be supporting the senior executive team globally with their Data and Analytics reporting needs utilizing the existing and the future-state BI visualization. This position will also support the migration between the existing and future state BI visualization platforms
- The role requires a complete understanding of how to leverage the BI visualization toolset to build sustainable solutions that are insightful and easily consumable. The role maintains a level of expertise on how information is used in the organization to design, develop, implement, enhance, and support BI visualization solutions
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide business reporting to the senior executive team globally by utilizing expertise in transforming data into practical, user-friendly, and visually appealing reports and dashboards
- Understand the architecture and tool interaction with data warehouse model for major BI visualization tools such as Cognos, MicroStrategy, Power BI, and Tableau
- Create and deliver reports by pulling data from heterogeneous data sources and platforms such as AS/400, MS Dynamics AX, and Snowflake global data warehouse
- Transform business requirements into sustainable BI solutions through the construction of BI reports and dashboards
- Tune mobile and desktop reporting performance through efficient SQL generation or cubing/caching strategy
- Write SQL scripts against Snowflake warehouse to support analysis, discovery, and testing of reports
- Understand and execute proper development practices through a standard BI SDLC
- Understand the fundamentals of a dimensional data warehouse model and how to optimize data structures for consumption in BI tools
- Extend reporting architecture as new areas of functionality are introduced to the warehouse in a sustainable and supportable way
- Support and document reports in a way that maximizes end user efficiency
- Quickly iterate and prototype on key business initiatives to arrive at a finished product that aligns with end user expectations
- Contribute reporting ideas and innovations to business customers through delivery
- 6+ years of advanced hands-on experience in at least three of the following BI tools: MicroStrategy, Cognos, Power BI, and Tableau, with exposure to the forth tool
- 4+ years of SQL skills, preferably in Snowflake or similar cloud data warehouse
- 4+ years of hands-on Knowledge in data warehousing, and particularly in star-schema architecture
- Meticulous attention to detail to produce consistent and visually appealing results
- Self-motivated with an ability to confidently execute independently with little direction
- Ability to analyze and apply critical thinking to resolve complex issues
- Ability to prioritize requests and set expectations
- Motivation to stay up-to-speed on industry best practices and new technologies
- Experience supporting senior executives across a global organization
- Strong problem solving, collaboration, and communication skills including multi-culture and non-English speakers.
- Flexibility to accommodate non-standard working hours for international meetings in Europe and APAC
- Technical writing skills
- Experience with ETL/ELT design and development preferable in a cloud-based solution such as Talend
- Experience in global manufacturing environment
- Statistical concepts and intuition.
- Data science concepts including Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Certification in Snowflake or similar CDW
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, or related field. Equivalent working experience in-lieu of a Bachelor degree would be considered
- Remote (work from home) in US Eastern Time zone, preferably in North Carolina, and willing to relocate to NC if a full-time offer is extended in the future
6 months with possibility of extension and conversion to a full-time employee
Why Revolution Technologies?
About the company
Revolution Technologies - Making a difference across the nation with premier consulting, staffing, and hiring services.
Revolution Technologies, founded in 1993, provides best-in-class services that make a positive difference in the lives of our clients and our talent. We provide strategic management consulting; ERP and EA consulting; staff augmentation, contract, and contingent staffing; contract-to-permanent and permanent placement; as well as pay-rolling, recruitment process outsourcing, and human resources advisement services.
Let’s talk about benefits
Revolution Technologies is proud to offer some of the best rates in the market. Revolution is also pleased to provide a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, access to a health savings account, tuition reimbursement, scholarship opportunities, 401k, life insurance, supplemental insurance, and paid time off.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Revolution Technologies, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any characteristic protected by law.
Revolution Technologies: Turn to us!