We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer who is motivated by building products that will help change the world. Company is growing quickly.
A self-starter who enjoys working in a collaborative, dynamic environment, who shares our customer obsession and strives to deliver the most delightful customer experience.
Someone who is highly detail oriented, has a data-driven decision making process, and most importantly, gets excited by the opportunity to make an outsized impact by building creative products that are helping save the world!
In this role you will be:
- A lead engineer you will be responsible for managing, coaching, and supporting our engineering team of 3 (and growing)
- A member of the leadership team and working collaboratively and directly with the Founders (CEO and COO) and Director of Engineering on strategizing and executing product roadmap
- Putting together best-practice processes for the entire team that enable us to scale fast, but thoughtfully
- Bringing a high level of technical expertise, guidance, and strategic decision-making to key areas including web infrastructure, microservices architecture, machine learning and its orchestration, data pipelines, devops, CI/CD, and internal tools
We are looking for:
- 5+ years of full stack development experience in a startup environment
- A scrappy, action-biased, data-driven individual that can build processes to leverage the teams’ superpowers
- Someone who can take ownership and solve complex problems quickly and efficiently
- Deep web server knowledge (including building load balancers), specifically working with nginx, apache, Django and Flask
- Experience with scalable transactional web applications
- Experience designing relational and non-relational databases (PostgreSQL, Mongo DB, Maria DB, MySQL, AWS S3, and Dgraph)
- Experience with Cloud (AWS) and without (either on-prem or a more bare-bones provider like DigitalOcean)
- Ideally some data migration experience in SQL
- Ability to Dockerize and deploy GatsbyJS, Python, and PHP applications.
- Experience with Python testing frameworks, specifically PyTest
- Experience with Jinja, Flask, Peewee, and Fast API
- Excellent understanding of Internet security & privacy mechanisms
- Experience working with Shopify / other e-commerce applications or Chrome / other browser extensions
- Experience with PyTorch, or at least another major deep learning framework such as TensorFlow, MXNet.
- Some experience with data science tools including Python scripting, numpy, scipy, matplotlib, scikit-learn, jupyter notebooks, bash scripting, Linux environment.
- Experience with PHP, specifically work with symfony applications
- Past experience building out large scale APIs and developing their infrastructure is a huge bonus!
"We Engineer your success" Britech Group, Inc is a Technology Staffing Company who are experts in integrating exceptional people with top companies. Additional Job Openings- http://britechgroup.com