Centizen Inc. is a global IT solutions and consulting firm focused on delivering scalable solutions that address complex business problems of our clients. We provide above market salaries and benefits. Please visit our website to see all of our open positions in PM, QA, BSA, SAP, Analytics, Java development and others at http://careers.centizen.com/
Sr Big Data Engineer (881844F)
Visa sponsorship: H1b, OPT, CPT sponsorship provided for the suitable candidates
Rate : Open Negotiable for the right candidate
Duration: 18 Months
- Design and implement distributed data processing pipelines using Spark, Hive, Sqoop, Python, and other tools and languages prevalent in the Hadoop ecosystem. Ability to design and implement end to end solution.
- Build utilities, user defined functions, and frameworks to better enable data flow patterns.
- Research, evaluate and utilize new technologies/tools/frameworks centered around Hadoop and other elements in the Big Data space.
- Define and build data acquisitions and consumption strategies
- Build and incorporate automated unit tests, participate in integration testing efforts.
- Work with teams to resolving operational & performance issues
- Work with architecture/engineering leads and other teams to ensure quality solutions are implements, and engineering best practices are defined and adhered to.
- MS/BS degree in a computer science field or related discipline
- 6+ years’ experience in large-scale software development
- 1+ year experience in Hadoop
- Strong Java programming, Python, shell scripting, and SQL
- Strong development skills around Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce, Hive, and Pig
- Strong understanding of Hadoop internals
- Good understanding of file formats including JSON, Parquet, Avro, and others
- Experience with databases like Oracle
- Experience with performance/scalability tuning, algorithms and computational complexity
- Experience (at least familiarity) with data warehousing, dimensional modeling and ETL development
- Ability to understand and ERDs and relational database schemas
- Proven ability to work cross functional teams to deliver appropriate resolution
Nice to have:
- Experience with AWS components and services, particularly, EMR, S3, and Lambda
- Experience with open source NOSQL technologies such as HBase, DynamoDB, Cassandra
- Experience with messaging & complex event processing systems such as Kafka and Storm
- Automated testing, Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- Machine learning frameworks
- Statistical analysis with Python, R or similar
Please send us your resume, Visa Status, Availability, your requested bill rate, Skype Id to firstname.lastname@example.org
There are many advantages for IT professionals like yourself to work with Centizen. These include:
- We enjoy approved IT vendor status with several leading companies in the Pacific Northwest and continually grow our list of approved vendor status with additional companies.
- We are an ethical company with integrity and a dedication to delivering high results for our clients.
- We are fair and honest in all of our business dealings with our consultants and clients
- We pay top scale hourly rates based on your credentials, experience and market demand for your skill sets
- We can offer other related benefits as needed and customized to your situation
- We can work with you to help you achieve your career growth and goals
- We offer immediate H1B transfer. Immediate Green Card processing with PERM for the right candidates.
Please follow us on:
We are always looking to network, so if you are in the market or just interested in hearing about future opportunities, please send us a current resume along with your hourly compensation requirements. If you would like to be added to our linked in professional network, go to our LinkedIn profile at http:// www.linkedin.com/in/leema