Please apply your resume to email@example.com
Description: This positing is for Physician Assistants and PMHNP’s who are interested in working in client psychiatric emergency room, our psychiatric inpatient unit, or our consult liaison service which treats patients who have been medically admitted. Hospital is the county hospital for Dallas and because of this we have large medically under served population with variety of psychiatric needs.
Shifts in the psychiatric emergency room are 12 hours positions from 7pm-7am. Advanced practice providers treat patients in our locked unit and consults in our main ED.
Inpatient and consult liaison positions are for both weekdays and weekend days.
Education - Physician Assistant: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university and successful completion of an accredited Physician Assistant Program recognized by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or its predecessors.
- Must have CPR (AHA only); Must meet and maintain licensing and registration requirements as delineated by the Medical Staff Bylaws, Medical Staff Rules and Regulations, and Credentialing Policies/Procedures. Current certification in Satori Alternative to Managing Aggression (SAMA) or obtained within 30 days of employment and must be maintained throughout employment.
- Current certification as a Physician Assistant by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
- Performs clinical practitioner duties in designated specialty area. Obtains histories, performs physical exams, makes assessments, orders tests to adequately assess and determine diagnoses and plan of care.
- Records health history, findings, treatment and recommendations accurately, clearly, and concisely. Manages time effectively to ensure optimal use of patient and provider resources. Consults appropriately with supervising physicians and refers patients as necessary to ensure optimal patient outcomes
- Includes patients and/or families in determining the plan of care, when appropriate. Educates patients and families to ensure self-management, follow-up, and compliance with established treatment.
- Supports interdisciplinary collaboration to ensure continuous quality care and to promote positive health outcomes with a focus on good customer service and patient satisfaction
- Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements and trends in the practice field by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional organizations. Participates in PHHS education activities.
- Maintains and implements knowledge of all applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws, and guidelines that impact the respective APP fields. Develops effective internal controls that promote adherence to applicable state/federal laws, and the program requirements of accreditation agencies and federal, state, and private health plans. Maintains current professional certifications and licensure as required by the organization and the APP’s governing body. Seeks advice and guidance as necessary t
- Identifies work processes and flows for the assigned department. Suggests appropriate changes to improve work effectiveness, productivity and efficiency that support the overall goals of PHHS or the area. Consistently provides quality customer service to internal and external PHHS customers.
- Assists in developing, implementing, and monitoring annual goals and objectives for the department that support the mission and objectives of PHHS and the department. Attends regular staff meetings
Thanks & Regards…
S a n j e e v C o d u r u
Recruiting Lead- Resource & Accounts- IT Staffing & Recruitment