The primary purpose of this role is to install, design, implement, upgrade, and optimize the performance of databases required to operate Allscripts software solutions. Allscripts Touchworks experiecne required. GE Centricity experience highly desired.
* Estimate effort for self and agree on schedules with Project Manager
* Create and maintain appropriate documentation (Database, Architecture, etc.)
* Analyze and diagnose problems reported to the help desk, escalate support issues
* Discuss issues/requirements with client
* Work with the development teams in the data modelling and database design of product and efficient SQL for fast application performance.
* Effectively support Sales, BSG and Professional Services
* Research and identify third party tools / software that improves development process
* Install and configure database system software plus third-party system tools, applications and products.
* Performance Optimization - Performance monitoring, measurement and capacity planning of Production Software solutions, recommending changes to Allscripts products and "standardized" System configurations.
* Implement, periodically test and review appropriate data access and security measures, including access control, audit, backup/restore and system rebuild & recovery processes.
* Implement and continuously improve the database infrastructure environment. Provide fast and value-added services to the development organization.
* Participate in the process of ensuring that identified Business Continuity measures are implemented, documented and regularly tested to enable continue operations of systems identified as requiring such protection in accordance with the corporate Disaster Recovery
* Stay current with the DB technology. Perform software upgrades and new software installation both pro-actively and in response to requests from users of systems, including any necessary patches to database systems and applications to ensure continuing stable and secure operation.
* Provide an ad-hoc support service to users of all computer systems, troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
* Carry out prescribed programs of computer system performance management and capacity planning for systems as designated by Management to ensure the necessary system capacity and performance is available as required.
* Pro-actively seek and acquire technical training, vocational training and market and product awareness such that skills remain current, relevant and valued within Allscripts.
* Accurately estimate effort for self and agree schedules with manager.
* Liaise with manager; keep manager informed of progress.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
* Successful completion of a Bachelors Degree or relevant database experience.
* 0-2 years industry experience preferred
* 2-5 years database product knowledge preferred
* Allscripts Touchworks experience required.
* Ge Centricity experience highly desired.
* May require local travel
* May require other travel for business needs
* May require after hours on call support
* Work is performed in a standard office environment with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a competitive total rewards package, including holidays, vacation, and medical, disability and life insurance.
Allscripts' policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
Department: Information Technology