The CDC is looking for a Business Systems Analyst to join their team as soon as possible! The qualified applicant should have strong facilitation and elicitation experience to work closely with the customers in gathering and documenting their requirements. Email your resume to to apply!
- Location: Atlanta, GA (Remote temporarily due to COVID)
- Duration: Long Term Contract
- Prior CDC experience is required!
- Strong background designing new systems or modules by facilitating requirements sessions, collecting and analyzing requirements; constructing process flow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications and documenting business rules.
- Agile/Scrum knowledge
- Experience working with the CDC Enterprise Performance Life Cycle (EPLC) methodology.
- Experience working with a requirements and/ or issue tracking tool like TFS or JIRA.
- Ability to support the development team by translating requirements and use cases into a specifications, sample screen design, flowcharts, logical data models and security design models.
Basic Qualifications: *** MUST BE ***
- Performs work on all aspects of the system analysis process from end to end.
- Elicits requirements from subject matter experts using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios and workflow analysis.
- Designs new systems or modules by facilitating requirements sessions, collecting and analyzing requirements; constructing process flow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications and documenting business rules.
- Supports development team by translating requirements and use cases into a specifications, sample screen design, flowcharts, logical data models and security design models.
- Supports testing team in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product, performance, user acceptance, and operational acceptance testing.
- Oversees implementation, coordinate tests and observing initiation of the system and system modules and functions to validate conformance to requirements and performance.
- Responsible for maintaining all assigned business systems documentation.
- Triages, logs, and tracks requests for customer requests for new features and enhancements to be implemented in the systems.
- Analyzes information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Software Requirements Specification and functional and non-functional requirements including but not limited to usability, performance, supportability, security, interface requirements and assumptions/constraints; Business Process Models, Data Flow Diagrams, System Process Models, and Traceability Matrix.
- Become knowledgeable on surveillance and epidemiological needs around reportable conditions e.g. Tuberculosis, Hepatitis
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Communications, Public Health
- 5-8 years of experience working as a Business Systems Analyst, demonstrating strong analytical and critical thinking skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- 3 years of experience working in an agile / iterative development environment.
- Demonstrated experience with systems and applications development projects supported by the team including system components, functionality, interfaces, data flows, and business rule
- Demonstrated experience in drafting/writing communication content, materials, and products.
- Demonstrated experience in translating technical content into formats written in plain language and easy to understand.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or