Responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation.
1. Participates in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases.
2. Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
3. Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
4. Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
5. Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
6. Coordinates testing of designed applications.
7. Assignments may include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced analysts, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
9. Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
GDIT AIT has an immediate need for a highly motivated, detail-oriented Business Intelligence Data Analyst in support of the DOD. The Business Intelligence Data Analyst is responsible for developing interactive visualizations and dashboards that provide actionable insights.
The Business Intelligence Data Analyst will work with cross-functional teams, leadership and external collaborators and customers to identify requirements and produce visualizations. Primary responsibilities include ensuring quality data structures for the analysis of data, use of proper statistical analyses, and implementing visualization best practices in created content through Tableau.
The position will participate in a wide variety of business intelligence efforts, including the development and support of internal applications. Candidate will be working with a variety of data sources to develop, and implement data and business intelligence applications to enable customers to make data-driven business and mission critical decisions.
This candidate must also be able to guide and educate the business user with the goal of making sure the best solution is created. Must be willing to work in a highly collaborative approach, managing multiple competing priorities and assignments. The candidate must have strong technical background and be current on modern BI and reporting technologies. Also responsible for supporting team and end-users as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) through troubleshooting, recommendation solutions and identifying opportunities to solve business problems through BI.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8-10 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.
* Deep experience with data visualizations and tools, preferably Tableau Experience working with Tableau & Business Intelligence and Reporting experience.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent experience
* At least 2-4 years of Business Intelligence, analytics, statistics, and/or reporting experience
* Strong analytical skills and comfortable working with large data sets and ability to transform data into actionable insights
* Tableau Community contribution and Server Administration experience
* Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic and Agile development lifecycle
* At least 3 years' experience in Tableau - strong knowledge of best practices for dashboards and visualizations is required.
* Knowledge of ETL tools is a plus
* Strong SQL development skills- writing complex queries and stored procedures- SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Department: Information Technology