Sr .Net Product Developer wanted for a FT VP level opportunity with our insurance industry client. This is a fully remote position with light travel that must be able to support a PST schedule. If you prefer to work on-site in Seattle that is also an option
Seeking self-motivated senior level technologists with deep C# experience
As a Sr. Software Developer, you will be responsible for the analysis, design, development, implementation, and support of high-performance, highly scalable .NET scientific simulation platforms using leading agile development practices. This is a hands-on role that works both independently and collaboratively in a team environment. You must be a self-starter, delivery-focused, and possess a broad set of technology skills to take this complex modeling platform to the next level of usability, performance, automation, and scalability.
We'll count on you to:
- Redeveloping our WPF UI into a new modern experience, using web technologies based on industry standards with a proven track record.
- Developing new customer online experiences in user portals, online distribution/delivery, licensing, help, news/announcements, etc.
- Supporting our path to Azure (and other cloud providers).
- Support our transition from .NET Framework to .NET Core.
- Enhancing our external and internal telemetry, online reports, and dashboards.
- Work directly with actuaries, experts in reinsurance, and capital modeling to develop user interfaces and APIs for advanced modeling analyses.
- Work with embedded QA and domain experts to design, implement, test, and support software products, tools, and applications.
- Meet with product users to understand their goals and the domain. Use their feedback to further improve the user experience of the modeling software.
- Develop high-performance applications, features, and functionality in C# / .NET using the latest standards and technologies.
What's in it for you?
- A company with a strong Brand and strong results to match
- Culture of internal mobility, collaboration and valued partnerships throughout business
- Employee Resource Groups which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations
- Competitive pay (salary and bonus potential), Full benefits package – starting day one (medical, dental, vision, STI/LTI, life insurance, generous 401k match AND contribution
- After six months, eligible for up to $10k tuition reimbursement per year and participation in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan
What you need to have:
- 10+ years software development experience.
- Expert working knowledge of C# (7.3 – 9.0), .NET Framework/Core, and Visual Studio.
- Has a deep understanding of threading, LINQ, async/tasks, pattern matching, and pinvoke interoperability.
- Has the ability to architect complex code solutions that are understandable, maintainable, flexible, and expandable.
- Has experience with using Azure and related C# Azure packages.
- Have a proven ability to extract goals, ideas, and approaches from domain experts and translate them into requirements, code, UI, and applications.
- Experience with Protobuf and gRPC technologies.
- Knowledgeable of WPF/XAML and/or WinForms or Web UI frameworks.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrates self-motivation, resourcefulness, and independent action.
- Experience working directly with users on an agile development team.
- Proven record of shipping commercial software and/or online experiences.
What makes you stand out:
- Experience with interactive charting and graphing packages for the visual display of quantitative information.
- Understanding of SQL technologies and languages
- Has experience with Python, Kubernetes, C++, C++/CLI, and/or strong math background