Senior Cloud Architect brings, a minimum of 7-8 years of experience architecting modern cloud services across a broad range of technologies, applying architectural methods to structure complex solution designs in collaboration with different engineering teams. They are expected to structure and facilitate various design meetings and workshops, discuss common architecture patterns and reference models, specifications and architectural decisions. They apply deep technology and domain or industry expertise and architecture & design methods to analyze requirements and design appropriate solutions.
- Champion cloud adoption within IT as well with the business.
- Structure, lead and facilitate various design meetings and workshops, dive into deep technical topics, discuss common architecture patterns and reference models
- Work with engineering teams to understand infrastructure, automation and operational requirements
- Analysis of client current state, define key outcomes, define/revise IT strategy by working with Stakeholders, design conceptual solutions, plan and execute design and implementation work
- Analysis & Design Skills for implementing cloud solutions
- Proven knowledge of different architectural cloud patterns and the pros/cons of each
- Knowledgeable of DevOps and CI/CD automation tools such as Git, Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, and cloud native scripting such as CloudFormation and ARM templates.
- Experience building Enterprise Data Strategy in the cloud, building data models, infrastructure, and ETL/ELT pipelines for reporting, analytics, and data science
- Strong understanding of query performance in MPP/cloud data warehouse solutions (Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect preferred.
- Docker/Kubernetes experience
- Familiarity with the logging and monitoring tools like ELK, Splunk, CloudWatch, and CloudTrail a plus
- Excellent written & verbal skills.
- Experience with building stream processing applications using Kinesis or Kafka
- Experience pricing & estimating implementation & ongoing cloud costs to find cost effective cloud solutions
- Familiarity with infrastructure virtualization is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is a plus