Sr Control Systems Engineer
Salt Lake City, UT
As a Sr Systems Engineer here's what you'll be working on day to day:
• Perform research and development efforts for systems and subsystems
• Provide project engineering leadership for assigned projects.
• Contribute to product development by creating and executing detailed Verification and Validation plans and procedures for development and qualification testing of components and subsystems. This to include definition of required test equipment.
• Create requirements definition and document traceability of requirements.
• Maintain complex verification traceability matrix's from internal generator or customer generation.
• Work with program management to meet customer and contractual technical requirements.
• Develop system level designs meeting requirements.
• Participate in hardware design reviews, software requirements analysis, software preliminary and detailed design, code and test reviews.
• Perform systems and subsystem hardware and hardware/software integration and test.
• Develop and perform system, hardware and software V & V qualification and acceptance test.
• Help develop and maintain cost and schedule goals meeting internal and external requirements.
• Work with external customers from a technical perspective and actively work on creating excellent customer relationships.
• Work to solve complex technical problems and provide solutions.
• Lead other engineering staff on project implementation
• Lead and help in the integration and test of systems and subsystems.
Here's the skills we need you to bring with you:
• Bachelor of Science degree in the field of Electrical, Computer, or Software Engineering, and a minimum of ten years relevant experience
• Basic RF knowledge is a plus
• Experience in the integration and test of systems and subsystems
• Experience in requirements creation and management of requirements including tractability and verification
• Excellent writing skills. Ability to write clear requirements, acceptance test, verification test.
• Ability to work with customers and create excellent relationships.
• Demonstrated leadership experience
• Experience in designing systems and subsystem including concept to production.
• Ability to lead others to complete project and program goals and deadlines.
• Ability to access US export-controlled information
• Ability to relocate to the Salt Lake City Area