Job Title: Sr. Data Integration Developer
Location: Chicago, IL
Terms: Contract, Contract to Hire, Full-Time
Trianz is a global professional services firm committed to enabling leaders to develop and execute operational strategies, leverage new business and technology paradigms, and achieve results expected by senior management in their organizations- predictably.
What We Stand For
Our clients are transforming their businesses, competitive strategies, product and service portfolios, customer-partner-employee interactions and their ecosystem. The cost of misses is not financial alone but a lost window of opportunity. So getting things right the first time is absolutely critical.
As a result, Trianz is focusing on three important themes in our engagement model with clients.
- Crystallize business impact from a top management point of view
- Help Clients achieve results from strategy-by making execution predictable through innovative execution techniques
- Create a positive, enriching partnership experience in everything we do
Industries, Clients & Practices
Trianz works with clients across High Technology, Banking, Insurance, Manufacturing, Retail, Telecom, e-businesses and Public Services. Most clients are Fortune 1000 organizations and our relationships are sponsored by senior leaders in Enterprise Analytics Sales, Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Operations and Information Technology. We partner with our clients to address the following key service areas:
Sr. Data Integration Developer
- Collaborate with internal customers, prospects and stakeholders, understand and translates business use cases and/or requirements into data analysis and data mapping and consequently data integration routines which involves moving, cleansing and transforming large amount of data between multiple systems.
- Identifies data sources, provides data flow diagrams and documents source to target mapping and process.
- Collaborate with the Data Architect to recommend optimal data models for data ingestion and BI developer for analytic reports
- Facilitate the development of data integration efforts by leading small teams of 2-3 junior developers
- Document Data Integration Design to facilitate other developers to develop software code.
- Design, implement and maintain database objects (tables, views, indexes, etc.) and database security.
- Validate data integration routines by developing and executing test plans and scenarios including data design, tool design, data extract/transform, networks, and hardware.
- Maintain the data warehouse performance by optimizing batch processing through parallelization, performance tuning etc.
- Establish methods and procedures for tracking data quality, completeness, redundancy and improvement.
- Ensure data quality through creation of audit controls, proactive monitoring and data cleansing techniques
- Must be able to direct junior team members, lead team, assign tasks, monitor progress and report status
- Execute on POC s with new technologies, drive innovation and new ideas
- Must be comfortable to create solution design proposals to Architecture Review Board
- 6+ years of experience in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence (experience in a MPP considered a plus).
- 1+ years of experience in Azure Data Factory, SQL VMs, Azure Data Warehouse
- 4+ Years in BI development leveraging the Microsoft SQL Server or PDW/APS data environments.
- 4+ years in SSIS and use of Stored Procedures.
- Strong understanding data modeling (i.e. conceptual, logical and physical model design, experience with Operation Data Stores, Enterprise Data warehouses and Data Marts).
- Deep understanding of relational database design concepts and SQL programming
- Experience guiding/mentoring developers with lesser experience.
- Requires strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities.
- Must have worked with several Terabytes of data and a complex data processing environment
- Strong experience with business intelligence and data warehousing design principles and industry best practices.
- DevOps Experience is a plus
- Bachelor s degree preference in computer/information sciences or business/commerce.
- Very driven with a strong sense of urgency to deliver results
- Self-starter with strong work ethic
- Strong communications skills - oral and written
- Passionate about data integration architecture, learning and experimenting with new technologies.
- Flexible and resilient, handle various demands planned and unplanned
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and work in a fast paced environment
- Problem solver and desire to close issues, pragmatic and realistic with solutions. Loves to dig deep
- Professional demeanor, working with senior level managers and vendors
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Strong sense of accountability, adaptability, flexibility and a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, organize and plan work to satisfy established timeframes.
- Passionate about continuously improving organizational practices.
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly and self-directed.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task across numerous work streams.
We are Growing Rapidly: 2019 Highlights
Trianz is growing above the average of the professional services industry. Here are some highlights.
- Voted significantly above other services firms by 90% + of clients for business impact, execution predictability and organizational commitment in the recent Trianz wide client satisfaction survey.
- Won the Customer Obsession Award from Amazon Web Services for our innovation and execution record in Cloud Infrastructure and Business Applications strategy and services.
- Won UNICOM awards for the #1 Digitization and #1 Analytics project over a wide array of competition.
- Featured by IDC in their Spotlight series under the theme of Operationalizing Strategies through Execution Excellence: A New Paradigms in Technology Delivery .
- Achieved 50%+ revenue and employee growth compared to prior year s exit showing an increasing acceptance of our models and success from our differentiated methodologies in strategic execution.
Talk to us, Join us & Develop into Leaders
Come join a dynamic global company. We are an open, non-bureaucratic and no-nonsense culture. We believe in a culture of innovation, encouraging our people to create. We believe training and development of all our associates is the most important thing we can provide to our talent. We are investing heavily- in classroom, online and on the job training. Seeing our talent develop into leaders- is what s fundamental for everyone at Trianz.
We are hiring at all levels of Trianz. And we are hiring globally. So- if you have a passion for execution and would like to develop into a leader capable of taking on anything, or are already a leader, talk to us!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Trianz does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law).