Fort Mill, South CarolinaSkills :
metadata,Data Modeler,Data Warehouse,Data Mart,Power Designer, PowerDesigner,ER/Studio,ERWin,DDL,DML,SQL ,data integrity,Transactional, Operational,metadata repository,Data Flow,Data Models,Data Dictionaries,data modeling,data modeling ,SQL Server,Oracle,data governance,ERstudio,ER-studioDescription :
We are currently looking to hire a Senior Data Modeler within the Enterprise Data and Information Services team. This position is responsible for supporting high profile projects and efforts as a senior data modeler, adhering to an enterprise-wide data governance framework to achieve the required level of consistency, quality, understanding, and protection of data. Job Title: Data Modeler Location: Fort Mill, SC Duration: 6 months contract + possibility to be converted to fulltime. Functions:
- Create, update, and optimize logical and physical data models along with corresponding metadata.
- Define and leverage data modeling and design standards, tools, and best practices.
- Ensure naming convention standards are followed, data proliferation is minimized, and data governance processes are followed.
- Perform reverse engineering of data models from databases and SQL scripts.
- Design and implement data technology solutions in the areas of master data, metadata, and reference data.
- Participate in the evaluation of new tools and techniques to improve data management for the enterprise.
- Partner with business analysts, data analysts, and other technology resources to interpret business and data requirements and translate into data models.
- Collaborate with data architects, technical leads, developers, and DBAs to design and implement data solutions.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of data across all domains and entities.
- Provide support for metadata initiatives, including, but not limited to
- Business Glossary updates
- Data Dictionaries for physical table structures
- Data Models and Data Flow Diagrams
- Data Lineage within metadata repository
- 7-10 years' experience in applying data management principles and industry standards to design, build, and maintain complex data model assets in Transactional/ Operational, ODS, Data Warehouse and Data Mart applications, with a heavy emphasis on transactional data.
- Expertise in data modeling principles, including conceptual, logical and physical data models.
- Mastery of data analysis and modeling tools, such as Power Designer, ERWin, and ER/Studio.
- Mastery of RDBMS platforms, including SQL Server and Oracle.
- Mastery of Data Definition Language (DDL) and Data Manipulation Language (DML) SQL commands.
- Experience maintaining metadata for complex data environments and ensuring data integrity.