Manage data science projects including scoping, designing, and executing the vision with the help of more junior data scientists / analysts.
Identify and prioritize initiatives to deliver value to our internal stakeholders.
Managing data science projects, managing stakeholders, and working cross functionally.
- BA/BS in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in data science at a B2C or direct to consumer company (experience in marketing, business operations, or customer retention is a plus)
- Experience implementing predictive and prescriptive models in production systems
- Experience managing data science projects and mentoring data scientists / analysts
- Proficiency with Python, SQL, Excel, and a data visualization tool (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Experience communicating strategy and results to different audiences
- Ability to work cross functionally and influence others
- Ability to be objective, follow the facts, cut through noise and create a story with data
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment that is constantly changing
- Become the domain expert in multiple areas of the business (i.e. retention, call center effectiveness, etc.) and contribute to the advancement of those area through thought leadership.
- Lead new projects and initiatives through understanding business needs, executing, presenting and influencing stakeholders.
- Be a technical leader on the team that can advise, mentor, and delegate tasks to more junior data scientists and analysts.
- Facilitate data-driven decision making and prioritize initiatives.
- Develop strong cross functional partnerships with business and technology stakeholders.
- Act as a subject matter expert within the organization on all things data.
- Find new and improved ways for us to use data in our products, operations, and business strategies.