TCI is seeking a Senior Data Scientist for a full-time job in Louisville, KY.
Our client is a national leader in the health insurance industry and they are in a quest to find a Senior Data Scientist to build and grow a new BI team. Ideal candidates will have experience working with key stakeholders of various business units and do a deep dive into large data sources to help the business perform key insights and analysis.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will lead a team to develop innovative business intelligence solutions so that business units can make sense of very large data sets. If you love solving complex business challenges and constantly review about the what-if scenarios and love creating objective analysis, please keep reading below.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but not limited to)
- Translates business needs into goals that the business can measure success.
- Manages a wide array of large data sources and determines the appropriate data needed for the analysis to be performed
- Performs Data Management by streamlining data warehouses, creates new development of databases, production data, and builds reliable datasets that supports business goals and initiatives
- Establishes processes to assess and validate data accuracy
- Advanced Analytics: Under limited supervision, ascertains and
- Designs, implements and executes advance analytics & predictive models
- Gathers requirements from business partners and develops project plans
- Communicates results to business partners and summarizes analysis findings and any implications
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 5+ years of experience with a relational SQL database management
- 5+ years of professional business or academic research
- Master s Degree in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or related fields
- Strong predictive analytics knowledge to very large datasets
- Strong programming skills and statistical modeling with SQL, Python, R, Java
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with all levels of employees across the organization
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain complex issues to various levels of understanding
- Experience with machine learning algorithms
- Solid understanding of statistics
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- PhD in an advanced analytical field