SAIC is seeking a Senior Database Administrator. The Administrator performs high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, continually monitors and tunes database systems and databases to achieve optimum performance levels. Thie DBA ensures database data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate solutions of varying complexities. They will ensure database recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of database backups and archive operations.
This position will also:
- Plan and implements the modernization of database implementations
- Develop, implement and promote standard operating procedures and schedules
- Conduct audits of databases to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines
- Develop and implement new standards, policies and procedures
- Work closely with Systems Admins, data engineers, and software developers to help determine and develop the database software and databases that will be implemented
The DBA serves as primary interface with repository infrastructure team, with a focus on a hosted data environment and ensures appropriate storage of data. They will apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts and contribute to the development of new principles and concepts. They will participate with senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives. The DBA will recommend/make decisions on administrative or project work matters and ensure effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives. Qualifications
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Bachelor's degree and 14 (fourteen) years of related experience. Experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Experience working within a data lake-like environment
- Experience identifying data storage requirements and identifying capacity and performance constraints, and advise on best practices.
My SAIC Benefits.