Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.Job Summary
Join our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company's continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for the sixth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists.
This team is seeking a Sr SQL Database Administrator with 5+ Years of design and development experience who applies database technologies to solve business problems, like high concurrent/transactional supporting databases, MPP Solutions, Analytical, data warehouse. This person will be leading team of database developers to support multiple applications and projects, will be responsible for architecture, design and performance.
- 5+ years SQL Server Development experience
- SQL Server 2016 Always On experience
- ETL (using SSIS)
- Experience writing [somewhat complex] stored procedures
- Experience working with application developers
- SSAS / Cube preferred
- Monitor and optimize operational concerns, automation, and query performance.
- Plan and implement a High Availability and Disaster Recovery (HADR) environment.
- Plan, implement, and educate the team on various data persistence services.
- Collaborate with app, product, QA and PMO teams to provide needed support from database team. Ability to translate business requirement into technical requirements and work with application developers to deliver results.
- Supports multiple projects, understands capacity of team and responsible for deliveries from his/her team.
- Designs, develops, and implements complex database systems, tools, and applications
- Writes queries and stored procedures, uses data modeling tools, designs and optimizes databases, or implements at the physical level
- Develops and documents executable code according to functional and technical
- specifications using structured development methodologies and defined standards.
- Shares best practices with team members and provide technical leadership.
- Assists in the development of project and test plans by providing reliable development
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Experienced in designing and developing databases that support high concurrent users with great performance
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases
- Advanced knowledge of database design to produce sound logical and physical data models
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and coding techniques to code stored procedures and triggers
- Experience with varied forms of data design, such as online transaction processing, online
- analytical processing, data warehousing, operational data stores, and decision support systems
- Should have worked in Agile project development environment
- Very good communication skills
- Working experience with Offshore is plus
- Experience in working with Real Estate data is preferred
- Ability to architect scalable cloud solutions with AWS a plus
- Knowledge on NoSQL Database a plus
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of directly related experience
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.