Genesis10 is seeking a Sr Database Administrator for a right to hire position with our client in Mounds View, MN.
The Senior Database Administrator works with a team of DBA's and application developers to bring industry best practices to database design, SQL tuning and maintenance to ensure multiple database instances are fully functional 24/7. This role will participate in on-call rotation to provide 7x24 support to the environment. Responsibilities:
- As a Senior SQL Server Database Administrator, you will be a part of our Operations DBA team responsible for providing day to day support of our 20+ TB database environment.
- Work independently under limited supervision
- Deliver innovative solutions that meet business needs
- Design, implement, manage and support SQL Server database environment
- Design and implement databases using highly availability patterns for scalability and stability
- Identifies and documents best practices to implement and manage database Instances
- Troubleshoot production support issues
- Provide leadership and active hands-on participation in database performance issue resolutions
- Identify, setup and monitor system performance using native and corporate monitoring tools
- Works with IT and business partners to identify and implement opportunities to improve database performance
- Mentor, guide and develop junior and offshore DBA
- 7+ years of SQL Server Database Administration experience
- Ability to work independently to deliver project with minimal guidance
- Strong SQL writing experience
- Experience managing Very Large Databases
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong performance issues resolution knowledge
- Strong Experience with High Availability technologies (Always on, Log Shipping, Database Partitioning, & Clustering)
- Knowledge of scripting languages (T-SQL, PowerShell)
- Experience automating routine tasks
- Experience installing, configuring, managing, monitoring and troubleshooting SQL Server 2014 and 2017
- Strong written and verbal communication & presentation skills
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply today!
- Bachelor's degree required
- Hands-on experience with AppDyanamics
- Previous healthcare industry experience a plus
- Entity Framework development experience
- Net development experience
- Experience managing SQL Server IaaS in Cloud (AWS & Azure)
Genesis10 provides access to career opportunities with over 40 clients in the Twin Cities. As the #3 ranked firm for Business and IT consulting in Minnesota, we offer a variety of opportunities whether you are looking for contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent positions. Let's connect today! Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
• Medical and dental insurance available- including HSA
• Bi-weekly payroll
• Established consultant re-marketing program with our 50+ local clients!
• 401k plan
• Downtown Minneapolis/St. Paul parking allowance
• Delivery Director for employee success and support
• Referral program with the opportunity to earn additional incomeAbout Genesis10:
Genesis10 is a Professional Technology Services Firm providing Staffing, Workforce Optimization and Domestic Outsourcing Solutions. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement - project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com "Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V"