ApTask is a leading Development and recruitment company that provides hiring solutions faster than anyone in the industry, Founded in 2010 and headquartered in New Jersey. We deliver quality results for all types of positions including technology, finance, engineering, sales, executive, marketing, accounting, scientific, legal and operational positions across all industries nationwide.
We have an immediate opening for the Database Administrator III position. Kindly find the details below. If you are interested let me know the best number and time to reach you so that we can have a quick discussion and take it further. You can also reach me at 732.243.0145. It would be great if you could also refer to someone.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Lead efforts to guide team to best practices for database usage, high availability and business continuity.
• Create and support databases across internal and end-user applications.
• Analyze existing database applications to migrate into or improve the functioning on the platform.
• Maintain databases, including all production, backup and development files.
• Administer database security across all database environments.
• Provide guidance to other database administrators to expand the role and capabilities of the database environment.
• Prepare periodic reports regarding unit’s activities and goal attainment.
• Maintain a state-of-the-art knowledge of existing best practices in database administration.
• Mentor/train lower level database administrators.
• Coordinate larger-sized projects through assignment of tasks and managing the workload of staff.
• Support application deployment and provisioning of database systems during business and non-operating hours Required Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
Job Related Experience:
• Minimum 7 years of database related experience.
• Prior experience with the following is preferred: Clustering, Strong Data Transformation Services (DTS) and Replication, Performance Tuning, Backup and recovery methods, Log shipping, Database Mirroring, Availability Groups, Database capacity planning, and Users and Role creation and monitoring.
• Experience with installing/configuring in a virtual environment
• Experience with installing/configuring SQL utilizing Cloud technologies
• Experience in third party tools like Quest Software SQL LiteSpeed, Quest Software Spotlight, Quest Foglight and Quest Foglight Performance Analysis.
• Experience in database management and related products from Microsoft including PowerShell, Windows a plus Server and desktop operating systems.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to work effectively across multiple business lines, external technology partners and fellow team members.
• Proven ability to manage projects.
• Excellent analytical and design skills at multiple product level.
• Excellent research, analysis, project planning and implementation skills.
• Aware of business issues as they impact overall project plans.