Title: Sr Dev Ops Engineer
Position Type: Right to Hire
Location: Scottsdale, AZ,
Daily responsibilities: Candidate that is focused on AWS, containerization (Docker and Docker Swarm), and is comfortable with a heavy security posture. As such, the candidate should have an significant experience with secret management and encryption (in transit and at rest). Finally, the candidate should have significant experience with configuration management as code (Chef) and provisioning as code (AWS cloud formation or Terraform). This position responsible for driving forward the direction of DevOps team while being involved in
all levels of our technology stack (cloud and physical infrastructure). A key responsibility will be the upkeep and development of our infrastructure services as code while focusing on disaster avoidance. Ensure management receives data necessary to make strategic and tactical decisions. The position requires the optimization of systems configuration, monitoring, and performance.
• Assist Architecture in development and optimization of systems, applications, and infrastructure
• Automate manual processes
• 5 or more years experience administering Big Data processing infrastructures capable of handling data in 100's of TB to petabytes
• Experience with private and public cloud environments (especially AWS), AWS services like Route 53, ELB, ADX, VPC, ElastiCache, RDS, S3 etc and AWS APIs.
• Excellent Unix/Linux server administration skills, including package management, bare metal installations, and virtualization.
• Experience with continuous integration and version control systems– Bamboo, Jenkins, git, etc.
• Support always-available cloud based applications and corporate web presence
• Minimum 5 years work experience in a medium to large scale enterprise. Knowledge with the following disciplines:
o Python, Bash, Ruby, Powershell development experience
o Troubleshooting production application issues
o Design and safely perform changes to the production site
o Experience with virtualization technologies
o Hardening servers to meet security compliance
o Identify and document operational efficiency processes and standards
• Ability to develop custom recipes in Chef
• Familiar with source control management and how they are used in delivery (Bitbucket/Git/TFS/CVS)
• Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment (Test-driven development)
• Ability to identify the suitability and use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
• Hands on experience with blue-green deployment strategy
• Experience working with container systems (Docker)
• Container orchestration e.g. Kubernetes, Swarm
• Automation – Building, testing, & deploying on Linux and Windows operating systems using industry standard tools. (Bamboo, Cucumber, Jenkins, etc).
• General knowledge of networking and network security hardware and software
• Knowledge of enterprise application integration and messaging technologies
• High level of customer responsiveness, excellent documentation and communication skills and attention to detail
• Ability to assess and describe technical situations and severity to both technical and non-technical personnel
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to work and multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Ability to receive and execute on work received via a ticketing system
• Experienced with security and encryption protocols
• Comfort with facilitating collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
• Background and drug screen
Bob, Sr. IT Recruiter
TechOne IT, 1705 W. University Dr. #104, Tempe, AZ 85281