Are you a DevOps Engineer who is sick of job descriptions looking the same with a list of technologies required but no real career progression or exciting challenges? That's what we see too. This one is different: Technology stack is open. Why? Because you know what to do, we don't. You're the key DevOps engineer we need to solve problems around cloud storage, scaling, infrastructure as code, containerization. You tell us what tool is best because this is what you're career has been focused on. If you don't know, we will explore it together. Finding the best tool for the job is the mentality we want.
You will be partnering with several development teams working on high-functional, real-world applications used by agencies you know. You will be bettering the world with the software you build, and not just making investors some money or helping companies sell more. These are applications used by people every day to help make the world a better, safer place.
This is structured as contract to hire role. The conversion will be between 4-6 months. Not shorter, not longer. This is a full-time/forever need.
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years as a DevOps Engineer or SRE, or software engineer
- Strong cloud experience in AWS, GCP, Azure, OpenStack, Rackspace or equivalent (cloud agnostic)
- Understanding of migrations from cloud to cloud, or from on-prem to cloud
- Ability to implement containerization to a small org, and eventually a larger one
- Experience automating solutions for developers
Desired Skills & Experience
- Infrastructure as code tools, terraform, cloudformation, pulumi
- Linux background
What You Will Be Doing
- 40% cloud work
- 20% Containerization
- 40% who knows what, changes every day
- Competitive Pay: Up to $80/hour, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Add additional perks specific to the work environment