EBSCO is looking for a new Principal DevOps Engineer to join their Stacks team in Edmonton, Alberta. This can be a 100% remote position, working anywhere within Canada or the US.
Stacks is the first turnkey, responsive web platform with plug and play API integrations and iPhone and Android mobile apps. The goal of Stacks is to create world class library experiences connecting local content, catalogs, and electronic resources together in one place. Stacks creates a seamless user experience on any device, anywhere.
Under broad direction, this person will be responsible for meeting mission critical cloud web-application performance objectives and continuous software deployment operations. This person may provide direction to less experienced infrastructure specialists and participate in the oversight of the technical direction of high availability, disaster recovery, security, patching, monitoring cloud usage and system performance. Must be proficient with Stacks technology stack (Linux, NGinx, Apache, Mysql, Postgres, Redis, Apache Solr and ElasticSearch).
- Develop software tools and scripts to execute deployment, management and integration of new virtual servers/services and applications.
- Design, develop and deploy task automation solutions for thousands of systems.
- Lead teams to help support various business needs, pertaining to tools / solutions.
Routine Maintenance / Operational
- Work with the Enterprise Teams to develop and deploy cloud applications and systems.
- System support for major version upgrades and performance objective maintenance.
- Understand and contribute to lowering the current backlog of security compliance and hardening requirements.
- Enthusiastically collaborate with engineers, developers and product owners to develop world-class solutions.
- Work with monitoring solutions and application analytics to provide insights into performance and to understand emerging issues.
- Provide technical assistance for code builds and deployments.
- Bachelor’s Degree or applicable schoolwork/certifications indicating study or knowledge in this area.
- 3-5 years experience in Cloud Operations and/or Web Software Development.
- 3-5 years experience with DevOps technologies, programming and scripting, i.e. Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Github/Bitbucket, Apache Solr and Elasticsearch
- 3-5 years working in an open source Linux (Redhat, Debian, and/or CentOS) administrative role with a current web serving stack NGINX/Apache, Postgres/MySQL, PHP and Redis.
- Demonstrated expertise building and leveraging RESTful APIs for system and service management.
- Interest to learn and build skills in Amazon Web Service (AWS) cloud infrastructure (Lambda, S3, EC2, DynamoDB)
- Expert understanding of network protocols including current HTTPS, OAuth, SAML and OpenID Connect
- Interest or experience in Agile methodology
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong desire to learn and build cloud computing expertise.