Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count. Job Summary
We're seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to support the Core Banking Transformation (CBT) Program. This is a multi-year effort to modernize our deposits platform with a digitally-led and simplified ecosystem for consumer, small business, commercial, and transaction banking to deliver exceptional customer experience.
As the Senior Systems Engineer, you will handle the development efforts to integrate MUB's current application ecosystem with the new Core Deposits platform that will provide the foundation for transforming deposit services at MUFG Americas. While transitioning the bank from a traditional ecosystem to a real-time deposit services platform by redesigning or replacing monolithic legacy systems with cloud-native architectures, you will be responsible for the design, build, implementation, monitoring, and management of the MUFG enterprise cloud infrastructure and services. Major Responsibilities:
- Embrace Infrastructure-as-Code, and use Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery Pipelines to handle the full cloud-native application lifecycle.
- Partner with Risk Management and Security teams to identify the standards and lead the design, build, and rollout of secured and compliant cloud infrastructure and services.
- Partner with application teams to experiment, design, develop, and deliver cloud-native solutions and services.
- Lead the migration, refactor, and transformation of existing applications and infrastructure services from physical data centers to AWS.
- Build and maintain cloud operations tools for monitoring, notifications, trending, and analysis.
- Drive the standardization, simplification, and automation of operational workflows.
- Provide Level 3 support for troubleshooting and services restoration in Production.
The right candidate will have:
- 8+ years of experience in supporting critical infrastructure services and applications in large, complex IT environments with three or more of the following:
- Linux and/or Windows system administration experiences
- Solid working knowledge of Network - LAN/WAN, DNS, DHCP, Load Balancing, Firewall
- Backup / Restore, Disaster Recovery plan and design experiences for data systems
- Solid working knowledge of Identity & Access Management, LDAP / Single-Sign-On, SSL/TLS and Certificate
- Virtualized and/or hyper converged environments
- AWS configuration, deployment and support experience in a production environment, with five or more of the following:
- Fluently utilizing AWS CLI, Boto3, Terraform and/or CloudFormation, EC2, AMI, EBS, S3 (and S3 bucket policy), CloudWatch, CloudTrail
- Event and Messaging: SNS, SQS, CloudWatch Events, JMS and/or AMQP
- ALB/NLB, AWS Certificate Manager, Route53
- API Gateway, CloudFront
- Design and define IAM Roles & Policies for users and AWS services, to comply with segregation of duties and least privileged mandates
- Develop Lambda with Python or NodeJs; or Application development with one of the AWS SDKs
- Docker, and at least one of Docker based solutions - ECS, EKS, or K8S / OpenShift on AWS
- Developing automation with python, bash, java, powershell or related technology
- Familiar with DevOps toolchain, i.e. BitBucket, JIRA, Jenkins Pipeline, Artifactory or Nexus, and experienced in deploying n-tier application stacks in AWS
- End-to-end automation and mentoring on automation for others
- Strong collaboration and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work alternative coverage schedules
- Ability to find a solution with limited guidance
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent professional experience
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- AWS professional level certifications
- Experience with Apache Kafka, Flink, NiFi, Hadoop, Cassandra, JanusGraph, etc
- Experience converting from monolithic applications to microservices
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified .
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.