NewWave is an information technology company helping businesses and government agencies modernize and thrive by applying the power of technology. NewWave began making a mark in the federal healthcare space in 2004, where we continue to actively modernize systems to improve healthcare s value for millions of Americans. Since then, our work has expanded across various sectors and industries, where we help our customers stay ahead of the new and make the world in which we live, better.
We are looking for a Senior Developer / Architect to manage and direct development for a large development program, This will require the ability to jump into a large codebase and be able to efficiently reverse engineer, document, restructure and possibly re-architect the codebase while supporting business as usual and concurrent enhancements for users. You must have experience with complex Java Enterprise Applications and experience with the IBM WebSphere stack. Ideally you will also have experience with modern lightweight cloud-native applications, containerization and Kubernetes. A good knowledge of DevOps services is also expected. You will take a hands-on approach and be a mentor for your team and others when needed. You should have a pragmatic approach to software development and be a champion for good practices particularly in regard to testing and automation.
- Provide technical direction for the development, design, and systems integration for client engagement from definition phase through implementation.
- Apply significant knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients.
- Review work of development team.
- Easily recognize system deficiencies and implement effective solutions.
- Create and execute development plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Keep product manager well informed of status of development effort and serve as liaison between development staff and executive leadership
- Own the development life-cycle and be responsible for managing technical risks throughout the project.
- Communicate and enforce coding standards - Perform code reviews and mentor junior developers.
- Manage technical resources within budget and project schedule.
- Consistently deliver high-quality services to our clients.
- Must have operated in a successful agile software product development environment for 7+ years
- Understands complex enterprise, cloud-based concepts and effectively employs different design techniques.
- Deep understanding of the IBM WebSphere stack
- Expert knowledge of Enterprise Java applications (including Portlets)
- Possesses demonstrated work experience with more than one relational database management system.
- Understands the benefits and ideal uses of various programming languages.
- Possesses significant knowledge of modern micro-services based architectures.
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model.
- Manages the development of team by ensuring that project tasks are in line with each Innovator's career interests when possible.
- Inspires coworkers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Manages the process of innovative change effectively.
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
- Manages client interaction and expectations regarding development efforts.
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Builds a knowledge base of each client's business, systems and objectives.
- Conducts effective performance evaluations and mentors developers and senior developers through formal and informal channels.
- Seeks and participates in personal development opportunities above and beyond training required by us.
- Trains other innovators and clients through both formal and informal training programs.
- Encourages more junior Innovators to take responsibility for their development within the company.
- Challenges fellow innovators to progress toward their professional development goals.
- Scrum Master / Trainer certification
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Economics, Management or other quantitative discipline with strong academic record
- Must have lived in the United States at least 3 out of 5 years.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills - must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
- People oriented - must be able to form good relationships within and outside the team
- Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
- Should be deadline and closure oriented.
- Strong persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
- Should be self-driven.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.
NewWave is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. NewWave is a proud Veteran friendly employer.