Sr. Director - Merchandising Technology
We are looking for Senior Director of Technology - Store Merchandise Execution who is passionate about delivering capabilities that enable our business to effectively plan and execute our Merchandise plans in our stores and ultimately serve our customers by ensuring they can find the right product they are looking for. In this role you will be directly leading a team of Product Managers, Engineering Managers, and Engineers. This is a high impact, high visibility role reporting directly to the VP of Technology - Merchandising.
We are looking for you if:
• You are passionate about leveraging technology to optimize the processes to effectively plan and execute space presentation plans to create a great shopping experience for our customers.
• You have proven expertise and deep technical understanding about Micro & Macro Space solutions along with Space Planning and Merchandise Reset Execution technologies. You also have a track record of building systems that can scale to thousands of mobile users and understanding how to integrate across Assortment, Space, and Supply Chain to enable the right controls and automation to drive efficient execution and data accuracy.
• You can drive the product vision and roadmap for Space and Store Merchandise Execution. Leverage competitive intelligence and internal data to uncover new opportunities and turn them into insights that align with company goals.
• You can lead building of product roadmaps and product specifications that deliver customer benefits, meet financial goals, and ensure that systems are setup to scale.
Top Skills we are seeking in you:
• You are well-versed in open-source and cloud-based technologies, agile methodologies and reliability based modern software engineering and have a firm grasp of Omni Channel end-to-end technology and business processes.
• You have a demonstrated experience in leading, mentoring and growing the team. You are organized and structured and understands what it takes to build a scalable organization.
• You can efficiently and consistently execute and deliver, setting the example for collaboration across teams and departments (both technical and non-technical).
• You have cultivated a deep understanding of mobile technologies and system architecture and are passionate about building high-quality software.
• You are a leader who attracts, hires and retains top product and engineering talent, building a diverse team while fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment.
• Manage relationships with vendors and can manage departmental budgets.
• You have a proven track record of \"Can-Do\" attitude and Results Orientation and have an innate ability to imbibe those tenets in your team\'s work ethics.
• You are comfortable with interacting at C-Level and have a strong Executive presence in addition to excellent communication skills (presentation and written), organizational and analytical skills.
• Ability to hire top talent and build out high performing engineering teams
• Requires strong working knowledge of Software Engineering preferably with Microservices architecture
• Strong technical knowledge of the Retail Domain especially in the areas of the Merchandise Portfolio with focus in areas like Assortment, Space, and Merchandise Execution
• Owns establishing product roadmaps
• Collaborates with Stake Holders and cross-functional team members to determine product scope and vision, set goals, identify and resolve any issues
• Ensure the technology is implemented as designed and meets business and technology requirements
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to lead multiple talented product engineering teams globally and will guide and mentor them for superior performance and career development
• Bachelor\'s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, CIS, Engineering, or related field
• 12 years of experience in IT, product and/or experience management, or related business area
• Deep industry connections and the ability to attract top talent
• 7+ years of experience leading teams with direct report responsibility, including experience leading global technology teams
• 5+ years of demonstrated history of starting, hiring and growing world class engineering teams
• Deep experience with agile methodologies and best practices such as Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc.
• 5 years of experience in managing operational and/or financial budgets, including the managing of 3rd party vendors and/or software providers
• Master\'s Degree Business Administration, Computer Science, CIS, Engineering or related field
• 5+ years of experience in developing and delivering Merchandise Space Planning, Management, and Execution solutions
• 4 years of experience working closely with senior leadership
• Experience managing the development, implementation, and integration of multiple and/or complex business systems within an organization
• 5+ years total experience building Microservices in Retail domain
• Strong software engineering background and development experience in OOP concepts and design, APIs and mobile Technologies
In most cases Lowe's will not be able to provide sponsorship for roles located in the Tech Hub
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
About Lowe's in the Community:
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe's is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe's associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe's Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter.