Silvus is a rapidly-growing high-tech entrepreneurial company in the heart of West Los Angeles. The company delivers the most technologically advanced Mobile Ad-Hoc Networking (MANET) solution to multiple markets including: Law Enforcement; Unmanned Systems; and Military, among others. Along with its successful MANET product line, the company also delivers on ground breaking research in the area of wireless data communications. The company has experienced rapid growth over the past 12 months and is expecting the rate of growth to continue with the introduction of new products and services.
Silvus Technologies is seeking a Sr Electronics Design Engineer to participate in the design and development of a new wireless product line and contribute to advanced wireless systems R&D.
The role includes the design and verification of FPGA based board digital designs and the data interfaces between them.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Our digital designers actively participate in all aspects of the development process from system concept to prototype development and field deployment:
· Board level digital design based on FPGA with associated Memory, Transceivers and Power Management
· Working knowledge of latest comms standards such as USB and Ethernet
· Knowledge of good practice for mixed signal PCB design
· PCB stack up, materials and rules for appropriate performance and cost
· Working with PCB Designer, software and RF teams for system-level implementation
· Hardware bring up, test and debug on the bench
· BSEE required, MSEE a plus
· 5+ years of digital design experience require
· Experience with Xilinx FPGAs, SoCs and the Vivado IDE is a plus
· Experience with multi-clock domains, high-speed data interface, high-utilization designs
· Experience with test equipment such as oscilloscope, logic analyzer, spectrum analyzer
· Experience with compliance standards such as FCC, CE Mark and MIL-STD-461 is a plus
· Experience with Altium Designer is a plus
· Experience with Matlab, Python, and/or C is a plus
· Knowledge of Digital Signal Processing (DSP), wireless systems is a plus
Must be a U.S. person U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident due to clients under U.S. government contracts