Hi there. We re Zipcar, the world s leading car-sharing network, driven to make cities better places to live.
Since 2000, we ve worked hard to turn a brilliant and disruptive idea into a movement that serves more than a million members worldwide. We re keeping the pedal to the metal and growing every day. That s why we need talented, passionate people with great ideas to join the Zipcar family.
Want to work for a company that is shaping the future of urban mobility? Ready to join a dynamic, playful, diverse, and respectful company that s seriously changing the world? Then apply! To learn more, visit zipcar.com or zipcar.com/careers. Key Responsibilities:
- Design and implement embedded Applications (in C) from concept to production.
- Provide full lifecycle software development, including requirements gathering, design, development, testing, production deployment, documentation.
- Design and develop software APIs for embedded application.
- Providing support for existing in-production devices.
- Develop product domain expertise, be an active participant in design reviews.
- Perform code review and integration tests with rigorous attention to detail and focus on quality of deliverables.
- Proven team experience and comfort in an Agile based environment.
Nice to have:
- Expert in C programming in embedded software development
- In-depth knowledge of real-time operating systems, particularly FreeRTOS
- Experience in embedded Real-time, multi-thread application development.
- Understand optimizations and design trade-offs needed for real-time development
- Experience in using IAR EWARM or similar IDE
- Experience writing power optimized application
- Familiarity using version control software, particularly Git.
Zipcar is an EEO Employer To all recruitment agencies:
- Experience with hypervisor and/or container virtualization techniques
- Experience and knowledge of CAN bus
- Working knowledge of Bluetooth, TCP/IP/UDP. Knowledge of typical networking stack and architectural principles: TCP/IP suite, HTTP, web service
- Knowledge of data storage systems (e.g. raw NAND, etc.)
- Experience with hardware interfacing
- Experience with board bring-up some EE knowledge and some experience using oscilloscopes
- Experience with range of microcontrollers
- knowledge of interfacing to various sensors (e.g. GPS)
- Knowledge of serial interfaces and peripherals (e.g. I2C, SPI)
Zipcar does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Zipcar employees or any other company location. Zipcar is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes