Engineer will build and test specific components of the platform. We are transitioning our platform into production and a wide variety of work needs to be accomplished in the next 3-6 months in order to stabilize and operationalize the system.
-able to speak french canadien
• Writing production-quality, tested code.
• Understanding the code base for your components in depth.
• Producing technical designs and documentation at varying levels of granularity
• Collaborating with our quality assurance and technical operations teams to provide outstanding customer service.
• Participating in code reviews and helping the team to be effective and agile.
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field.
• 4+ years of relevant work experience, including extensive programming experience and strong object-oriented skills including Java server-side development.
• Experience as part of a team doing state-of-the art, object-oriented software development including continuous integration, test-driven-development, automated unit and integration testing.
• Experience with versioning tools. GIT a plus.
• Must demonstrate an understanding of software design patterns and the practical application of those patterns.
• Experience with MySQL and Cassandra a plus.
• Knowledge of major open source frameworks including Tomcat, Spring, and Zookeeper.
• Experience with Agile development methodologies and practices.
• UNIX/Linux background: facility with command-line utilities; familiarity with system administration tools and concepts.
• Familiarity with distributed systems a plus.
• Experience with various data interchange and representation formats such as JSON, XML, and Protobuf.
• Strong initiative: must be able to take high-level requirements, ask questions and get clarifications, decompose into deliverable software components, design and implement solution to meet functional, performance, and quality acceptance criteria.
• Excellent communication: must be a good listener, willing to ask questions, and able to clearly communicate ideas with team members and external groups.
630 West Germantown Pike Plymouth Meeting, PA, 19462Contact