As a member of the Enterprise Middleware and Online Security Technology team, you will be immersed in a collaborative, innovative, and technically challenging environment. We're looking for a full stack Senior Software Engineer who is enthusiastic about learning new and existing technologies in order to deliver exceptional software solutions. The role will require a strong work ethic, problem solving skills and the ability to partner with business and technologists across the organization. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of successfully building and supporting enterprise web applications. The role will require a high level of responsibility and accountability yet has a support structure necessary for development growth. What you are good at
What you have
- Lead technical teams in delivering highly scalable and reliable applications that meet business budgets/timelines while ensuring alignment to strategic technology vision.
- Deliver a best in class authentication solution for a high-volume transaction system handling up to 50,000 transactions a minute during market open.
- Partner with Solution Architects and Platform Architects to ensure implementations meet the solution architecture and design.
- Understand, advocate and augment the platform principles, guidelines and standards
- Strong advocate for high software agility and quality standards, executing within our culture of engineering excellence
- Strong advocate for agile practices to increase delivery agility.
- Coach and support creative, passionate teammates across multiple teams.
- Create, maintain and ensure adherence to development, coding, testing and automation standards
Technologies you'll build with:
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's degree in Computer Science.
- 5+ years demonstrated real world experience in object-oriented languages (Java w/Spring IO preferred)
- Knowledge of all components of an enterprise technical architecture
- Excellent understanding of application development methodologies and infrastructure and network architecture
- Strong DevOps Experience: Development and maintenance of CI/CD Pipeline
- Experience with No-Sql Databases, such as MongoDB
- Excellent knowledge of Software Design Patterns and SOLID principles
- Implements standard automation and software quality patterns based on industry best practices.
- Experience using Platform as a Service (PaaS) solutions and with PaaS concepts.
- Proven experience using mocking frameworks and writing Unit Tests and Integration Tests
- Hands -on experience with Agile, Scrum processes in planning, implementation and support of business application components and services, including change & release management
- Ability to work with developers in an in-and-out outsourced environment
- Ability to communicate, influence and persuade peers
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Ability to understand technology alternatives and when to apply them
- Ability to embrace modern architecture paradigms to maximize architectural agility
- Ability to establish metrics to measure improvement
- Proven ability to validate architectural decisions to obtain accurate feedback
- Displays intellectual curiosity and integrity
- Motivated and driven by achieving long-term business outcomes
- Constantly increasing domain knowledge to aid in decision making
- Ability to apply innovative technology to solutions that would benefit our clients
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- 3+ years of experience in Financial Services Industry is preferred
Why work for us?
- Angular, NgRx
- .NET Core
- Java Spring Cloud Gateway
- Java Spring Boot
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.