Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's third most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
Benjamin Moore is currently seeking a Senior Front End Developer to join our Application Development team. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX designs and wireframes to actual code that will produce the visual elements of our websites and applications. You will work with the UI/UX designers, and the rest of the development team, to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation.Responsibilities:
Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders to ensure the technical feasibility on UI/UX designs and translate them into technical requirements or user stories
- Participate in the creation of interactive prototypes and annotations for new features or projects
- Design, develop, test, review, deploy, and support desktop, custom web, and mobile applications.
- Employ best practices for designing reusable code and libraries relating to UI features
- Optimize UI features for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back end
- Develop and maintain UI features to be integrated into the Sitecore platform
- Partner with app dev management and PMO to provide technical guidance on project scope, timelines, milestones and deliverables.
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in computer science)
- 5+ years of post-higher education relevant work experience in web and mobile development
- Knowledge of and demonstrated work experience utilizing JS frameworks such as AngularJS and jQuery, as well as common CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Good understanding of CSS pre-processing platforms such as LESS or SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Good understanding of SEO principals and ensuring that applications adhere to them
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image.
- Basic knowledge of NodeJS and Grunt and/or Gulp
- Experience using Git for version control
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment using Agile/SCRUM methodology
- Excellent communication skills
- Design experience is a big plus!
Experience with the following is a plus:
- LESS and SASS
- Responsive web site design
- Photoshop or Sketch
- SiteCore platform
- C# or .NET page creation
- VSTS or Jira for project tracking
- Mobile Application development
- InVision (or equivalent) prototyping software
- Glyph icon set creation and editing