Sr Front End Engineer
New Iron is helping hire a Sr Front End Engineer for a dynamic, growing, profitable Austin edtech start-up.
Being a strong engineer, hands-on, and capable of designing and developing complex SaaS applications is most important to succeed in this role.
The ideal candidate will have experience consuming backend services using PHP framework and exposing them to modern React front end applications.
This client puts a premium on agile, test first development (TDD), and incremental delivery.
If you are passionate about a well designed, maintainable code, and own the quality and outcomes of your work, we would like to speak to you!
- Design and build software that communicates between platforms to deliver excellent user experience and smooth performance
- Build user interfaces and link with back-end services, APIs and processes across multiple products
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders across all levels of the business
- Help guide and mentor team members on software development practices
- Foster an Agile engineering culture that leverages decoupled systems and automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring
- 5+ years of experience in front-end application developments
- Experience consuming RESTful web service
- OO Design and design patterns
- Experience creating and delivering responsive web experiences, leveraging the latest in browser and device capabilities ( UI/UX designs )
- Strong understanding in using version control such as Git
- Agile; practical experience with unit testing esp TDD in a CI/CD environment
- Demonstrated ability to use any given software stack
- Excellent communication, collaboration, time-management skills
The following is a strong plus:
- Experience with AWS cloud services, containerization, kubernetes
- Demonstrable experience with React.js
- Experience with PHP middle tiers, i.e., Laravel or Symfony
- Experience with UI testing frameworks such as Selenium, etc.
This is a direct-hire role for a client based in Austin, TX. Principals only. Recruiters please do not contact this job poster.