Electronics Hardware Senior Engineer - Connected Products- Towson, MDCome Make the World With Us
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 54,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.What You'll Do
As an Electronics Hardware Senior Engineer you'll be part of our GTS team located in Towson, MD. You'll get to:
Who You Are
- Designs and develops embedded electronic hardware systems and specifications for connectivity electronics in Power Tools and related products
- Implement and validate electronic designs through test and simulation work.
- Provides leadership in achieving cost, performance and quality objectives of all related electronic systems, components, and sub-assemblies.
- Develops solutions for electronic system related issues as a member of a project team.
- Fosters and maintains a high level of integrity in all aspects of work.
- Assures that appropriate documentation is maintained for work performed.
- Translates customer requirements into Bluetooth system specifications.
- Analyzes and reaches sound decisions in complex technical situations.
- Embrace cross functional teamwork.
- Ability to travel and interface with overseas electronic contract manufacturers, and provide technical direction to obtain quality electronics assemblies for tool production.
- Ability to handle several concurrent projects across 2-3 product platforms
You always strive to do a good job...but wouldn't it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality - at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You're not intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also have:
What You'll Receive
- BSEE or equivalent (4 years) from accredited electrical engineering college (min req)
- 2+ years of on-the-job training required
- Familiarity with design tools for embedded electronics
- Ability to use lab equipment to evaluate and troubleshoot electronics assemblies
- Extensive knowledge of embedded electronics components and test equipment.
- Experience with 2.4GHz communication technologies and power conservation / minimization strategies.
- Ability to generate and evaluate creative ideas and inspire others to do so.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to influence the organization and to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Provides creative ideas and innovation to work processes
You'll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
How You'll Feel
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
We want our company to be a place you'll want to be - and stay. Being part of our team means you'll get to:
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
What's more, you'll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world. We're more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered fastening. We're visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As successful as we've been in the past, we have so much further to go. That's where you come in. Join us!
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.