Our client, a highly successful, technology-driven financial company, has a newly created position for a Senior Service Desk Engineer who will be a key addition to the corporate global Windows Infrastructure team. Operating out of the headquarters and primary data center, this person will support local and international locations, resolving a variety of complex technical issues.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an expanding global Windows support team working with Cloud technology. We’re seeking a Help Desk Engineer who has handled at least some 3rd level support responsibilities, is experienced with Windows 7 & 10, and has excellent trouble-shooting skills. He or she will work with highly proficient team with top-notch Windows/VMware professionals.
- Deploy wide variety of hardware including PCs, laptops, thin clients, monitors and other devices and peripherals
- Develop an End-User Computing (EUC) knowledge management database.
- Provide user support and configuration of Avaya phones and video conferencing & presentation applications such as WebEx, Skype, etc.
- Provide basic support on Apple / Android tablets and smart phones as it relates to business.
- Perform hardware & software inventory and produce management reports.
- Provide onsite and remote assistance to users via phone, email and remote-control software.
- Track System user account creation, changes and deletions and password resets for users.
- Effective utilization and maintenance of a ticketing system
- Provide mentoring as necessary to new hires by informing them of in-use technologies and team processes
- Research, learn and self-educate in a variety of new technical software and hardware solutions used by this highly technical organization.
- Minimum BS in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or other technical field.
- Work experience in a financial, investment or banking environment is highly desired.
- Experience and strong knowledge of Windows 7 & 10 operating systems; Windows Active Directory & Group Policy and the Microsoft Office application suite.
- “Customer and service oriented’ attitude and pride in giving professional client-facing support.
- Excellent skills in identifying and diagnosing technical problems, escalating and routing issues, recommending and implementing solutions to correct repetitive common issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively with full Infrastructure team and maintain strong working relationships with other IT groups to ensure fast, accurate problem resolution.
- Familiarity with native and third-party Windows Remote Control tools.
- Familiarity with command-line tools and batch processing.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely on the phone and in person.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet project deadlines.
- Ability and comfort in working independently and as part of the global Infrastructure team.
- Must have strong communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a fast-paced, hectic environment.