We are looking for a qualified individual to fill the role of Installation Major Project Manager for their Advanced Modeling and Simulation Technical Operation. This is a multi-faceted role, requiring the candidate to simultaneously manage multiple mid to large scale IT and Communications systems installation projects, as well as provide leadership and management guidance to a distributed team of project managers managing small to mid size IT and Communication system projects. In addition, this role is responsible for establishing divisional project management processes and artifacts for team project management efforts, to include defining and maintaining best-practices within the organization for project management. Responsibilities include:
- Managing complex IT and communications engineering projects to include:
- Developing project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management;
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility;
- Determining project responsibilities by identifying project phases, resource requirements, and other elements.
- Determining project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements;
- Maintaining project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems;
- Preparing project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions;
- Defining, generating, and reviewing project requirements documentation;
- Monitoring project to ensure work scope, schedule, and budget are well defined and maintained;
- Performing risk management to minimize project risks;
- Meeting budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis;
- Ensuring that project management methodologies used are in line with organizational processes;
- Leading a teams of project engineers to complete Complex IT and RF System installations.
- Engaging and managing the work of subcontractor installation companies.
- Staying abreast of current Industry best practices
- S./B.A. and 10+ years of experience, or M.S./M.A. and 8+ years of experience.
- Technical background in IT or communication systems engineering.
- In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for more than 10 years directly applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience.
- Experience managing the design and installations of complex, IT or communications related systems, to include management of construction and deployment schedules, Subcontractors, and vendors.
- Experience managing complex Microsoft Project or other project management software plans
- Experience working in a government contracting environment
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail
- Self-motivated and driven desire to succeed with minimal direction
- Ability to work both in a team and individually
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel internationally; Spend extended time periods on the road in support of Installation projects (2-3 weeks per trip). 1-3 Trips/quarter.
- Certification in Project/Program Management (e.g. PMP, PgMP, CAPM, PMI-ACP, PRINCE II, etc.)
- Experience adapting project management processes to improve efficiency
- Background in IT or RF System installations in a Military Context
- Must have a current DoD Secret Clearance