nextSource is looking for a Sr System and Security Administrator to join our client in Costa Mesa, CA. This person will work with a nationally known brand leading their system, network, and security projects.
To perform a broad range of responsible and complex computer systems administration duties in the implementation and maintenance of management information systems; to provide technical support for a combination of desktop, server and network hardware, software and peripheral equipment; to upgrade existing hardware and software, to correct reported hardware and/or software problems; and to perform a variety of technical tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility. Under supervision, identifies and resolves issues to prevent cyber-attacks and keep information systems secure from service interruption. Designs, installs, and manages security mechanisms that protect networks and information systems against hackers, breaches, viruses, etc.
System administration (including backup, security management, user account management, e-mail systems, internet access, office systems, and applications support).
- Setup and manage user accounts, mailboxes, distribution lists, and security groups in AD/O365.
- Provides technical support and solutions to users in a timely manner
- Assist in installation and configuration of various software applications and hardware devices
- Help manage network servers and network technology tools
- Trouble shoot LAN/WAN network issues.
- Identify and lead investigations and remediation of network, firewall, IDS/IPS incidents
- Perform daily backup operations, and regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Assist with IT Staff management.
Education/Experience/License and Certifications
- Bachelor s Degree in information systems/computer science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum three years progressive experience in various Information Technology related functions including but not limited to information server standard administration.
- Minimum three years increasingly responsible computer applications programming and systems analysis experience.
- Minimum of two years experience in domain architecture and deployment preferred
- Knowledge of DNS, DHCP, and TCP/IP
- Knowledge of VMWare infrastructure
- Experience with SAN technologies
- Skill in Windows 2008/2012/2016 server administration
- Skill in managing all aspects of Active Directory Security (DNS, ACS, etc.)
- Skill in Group Policy administration
- Demonstrated competency in project management.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of current communications devices and protocols, server and desktop technologies.
- Ability to manage multiple activities and tasks simultaneously.
- Facilitation and change management skills.
- Highly developed verbal and written communications
*We do not work with outside agencies or on a C2C basis*