Senior IT Systems Engineers are responsible for monitoring, installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting and maintenance of technology solutions. Senior IT Systems Engineer's provide technical support and troubleshoot problems and perform scripting/programming to ensure stable and efficient operation of technology solutions. Senior IT Systems Engineers drive and implement automation enhancements and process improvement efforts, are assigned to multiple complex systems/applications. They lead initiatives, oversee work results, provide training and serve as a technical resource for other Systems Engineers. Essential Job Functions
Minimum Job Requirements
- Performs installation, monitoring, testing, configuration, migration, maintenance and troubleshooting of assigned technology
- Manages system/application environment and ongoing operations
- Ensures that the technologies are updated with current, stable, and compliant architecture and applications that meet enterprise standards
- Researches, designs, implements and tests technology solutions
- Proactively monitors and reports performance and utilization of assigned technologies
- Troubleshoots software and/or hardware issues/failures
- Resolves alerts and performs remediation activities
- Manages problem or escalated tickets and tasks and out of cycle requests from systems/software owners
- Collects and presents data for reporting and planning
- Assists with developing tactical strategies, processes and procedures related to systems/application administration
- Determines migration and upgrade impacts and diagnose/resolve complex technology/application errors
- Collaborates with IT and business area partners on work groups and initiatives
- Determines best course of action for meeting business needs
- May provide input into infrastructure architecture designs
- May participate in Disaster Recovery planning and exercises
- Ensures execution and alignment to architectural standards and blueprints.
- May contribute input to infrastructure architecture
- Performs on-call activities as needed for the environment and technologies
- Must have solid VXML, ASR/TTS, and Java skills for developing and maintaining IVR self-service and call routing applications
- Must have solid proficiency with integrating and using Java web services, REST web services, MQ series services, CTI integration, 3rdparty APIs, database connections, and JaxB parsers
- Proficient in at least one modern programming language (Java is preferred)
- Experience with Call Center Telephony and IVR development platforms, CVP Call Studio is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills for debugging and troubleshooting IVR issues
- Must have solid proficiency with using command line functions and editors.
- Must have solid proficiency with operating system such as Windows 2008.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of internal and external customers as required
- Strong sense of responsibility, accountability, and desire to learn and take ownership
- Understanding of IVR Voice User Interface design
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 or more years demonstrated proficiency and experience in design, implementation, monitoring and troubleshooting technology or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education.
- Extensive working knowledge of multiple technologies and their interfaces and integration
- Competent working in one or more environments highly integrated with an operating system.
- Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
* Experience analyzing business requirements and translating them into technical solutions