Clover Consulting has an immediate need for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer located in Greenville, SC. This is a 9 month++ contract position with strong potential for extension. Requirement details are listed below. Qualified candidates should respond to this posting. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Title: Sr. Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Greenville, SC (onsite required)
Length: 9 months ++ (potential for contract-to-hire)
This position will provide comprehensive IT support to client’s to the Manager of IT, Infrastructure and other leadership team members.
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will design, implement, and support operations for IT infrastructure across client’s datacenters, cloud, and advanced manufacturing environments. You will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of a virtual environment hosted on VMware, AWS and Azure using core Windows and Linux based operating systems and technology.
Must possess an extensive knowledge of supporting a traditional data center and clouded environments. Advanced-level cloud compute service architectures such as IaaS, SaaS and PaaS with an emphasis on Amazon Web Services and like clouded platforms such as Azure and O365.
About the Role – You will:
- Scale clients on premise and cloud infrastructure in a sustainable, automated fashion.
- Support infrastructure needs for manufacturing systems tied to client’s advanced manufacturing environments.
- Automate infrastructure using modern coding and DevOps practices support cloud environments and serve as the infrastructure engineer consultant to a high-performing DevOps and SecOps teams.
- Build modern infrastructure automation capabilities, AI-Operations for manufacturing and cloud analytics platforms.
- Support existing VMware and Active Directory / Azure AD environment including all attached and associated peripherals such as SAN arrays with HA fiber network switches.
- Build out and maintain infrastructure services in AWS (Aurora, RDS, EC2, VPC, IAM), utilizing modern infrastructure stacks (Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Packer) in an infrastructure as code model.
- Contribute to infrastructure configuration and design in both physical and virtual environments.
- Consult with client stakeholders on strategies for deployment of new cloud technology implementations, monitoring and optimization of existing equipment and new rapid deployment of clouded virtual machines.
- Deploy, update, configure, and support IT administration tools.
- Ensure platform security and adherence to the best practices
- Research and implement services for high availability
- Deploy and maintain Microsoft technology platforms such as Intune, Active Directory, System Center Configuration Manager
- Improve our development tools, CI/CD pipelines, system and integration testing
- Build access control and secret management solutions
- Respond to requests, determine nature of issue, and resolve or route accordingly
- Provisioning, support, & de-provisioning MS Windows servers, Linux servers, virtual appliances, networking equipment, and other devices.
- Design and implement automation tools including scripting tools
- Design, configure, and deploy on-prem and cloud-based applications (Office365, Okta, Box, etc.)
- Deploy and manage backup and disaster recovery solutions (Druva, Zerto, Veeam, AWS Backup)
- Overall focus on IT security for infrastructure in all projects and systems.
- Perform daily / weekly / monthly maintenance and verification of systems and log files.
- Ensure high availability for all essential IT systems, work toward 100% uptime.
- Patching and remediation of vulnerabilities within the governing parameters of a Change Approval Board. Will be responsible for the remediation of CVE reports being generated by Security Operations and implementing patches, updates and upgrades to meet compliance and governance to all systems such as VM’s, network appliances, storage arrays, tablets and other mobile devices.
- Create/update documentation (support, administration, user-procedures, quick reference guides).
- General Datacenter activities (cabling, racking, troubleshooting, testing)
- Coordination with multi-location IT team
- Work with vendors to select and purchase IT systems
- Periodic compliance reporting and remediation
- Organize and maintain IT server room, IT storage, and IT work areas
- IT Coordination for external vendors/partners
- Demonstrate on-the-job experience with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Framework, high availability, and enterprise infrastructure.
- Provide high level escalation support for desktop teams.
- Other duties as assigned by management
About Our Group:
- As strategic partners, the Information Technology team strives to ensure that our values, culture and engagement always allow us to do great things for our company.
- We strive to provide the highest-level service and support to our clients daily.
- We work collaboratively to build strong relationships with our clients, partners, and own team.
- We treat each other with respect……and always try to have a little fun every day!
- You will report to the and collaborate with other IT team members located at our headquarters in Burlingame, CA and manufacturing facility in Greenville, SC and Los Angeles, CA.
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt interpersonal styles and techniques to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Excellent trouble-shooting abilities in software and hardware and be able to lead outage calls and trouble-shooting conversations until resolved and provide detailed root cause analysis reports.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, establish trust and credibility, and act with complete integrity.
- Detail-oriented, resourceful and diligent.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Sound judgment and team problem-solving skills.
- Excellent English communication skills.
Your Experience Includes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, electrical engineering or Management Information Systems with 10 years of related information technology infrastructure experience, or 12 years of consecutive IT experience with recognized industry certifications.
- Extensive experience in the development and implementation of computer systems and networks for on premise and cloud systems (Windows, Linux, Vmware, AWS, Azure)
- Technical experience and knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Windows Server, Linux, O365, VMware vCenter, Horizon VDI, SAML/SSO, IDAM tools, Enterprise Networking, Hyperconverged/Traditional Compute+SAN
- Strong knowledge of implementing infrastructure as code and operational runbooks
- Technical knowledge experience and knowledge of AWS (Aurora, RDS, EC2, VPC, IAM), Kubernetes, Jenkins, Terraform
- Proven documentation skills and ability to write policies, procedures, and instructions
- Ability to be hands on and technical to support systems and infrastructure
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to provide On-Call and After-Hours support
One or more Infrastructure and Cloud Certifications
- AWS Certifications, Solutions Architect Associate, AWS Solutions Architect Professional preferred or combination of AWS Associates Certificates.
- MSCE Core Infrastructure, MCSA 2012R2, 2016, 2019, MCP, MTA Security Fundamentals
- Cisco Certified Networking Associate, CCIE Cisco Enterprise Infrastructure preferred, CCNP Security or Data Center highly desirable.
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP7-CMA) a must.
- Network+, Security+, Linux+ or combination of similar certificates acceptable.
Location: Greenville, SC
Travel: 0 - 25%