Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for a Sr Big Data Engineer
for a Contract
assignment with one of our premier Financial Services
clients in New York, NY
The team is looking for a Big Data Developer to join a technologically advanced team. The candidate must have expertise in leading design and development of Hadoop applications as well as multi-tiered Java EE-style applications. The Candidate should be fluent in related technologies including Apache Spark, SQL, Scala, Java, and associated Java development tools. Candidate will interface on a regular basis with other teams including other internal IT teams across Wealth Management, BA team, QA team, and global development team. To be successful, the role will require the individual to understand the banking technology landscape, and to offer creative solutions that integrate current capabilities and proprietary system builds. Responsibilities
- Candidate must have strong hands on expertise in design and development of data intensive applications.
- The candidate will analyze user requirements, envision system features and functionality.
- Prepare functional and technical development specifications to build high performance reference data stores.
- Candidate will interface with global team of developers and business users
- Perform proof of concepts in the new areas of development.
- Working understanding of Agile development methodologies and understanding of DevOps Integration.
- Expertise in Java EE design and programming, solid understanding of complex multi-tiered applications
- Scala, Core Java preferably 1.8 and SQL/Databases (DB2, SQLServer)
- 8+ years of expertise in building data intensive, scalable applications using Hadoop technologies
- Apache Spark, Hive hands-on development
- Working knowledge of Git, CI/CD
- Understanding of requirements of large enterprise applications (security, entitlements, etc.)
- Experience with standard set of Java developments tools including IDEs, build frameworks, source code control etc.
- Exposure to JIRA or other ALM tools to create a productive, high quality development environment
- Ability to interface and work with Global team on functional development and express design ideas throughout the process
- Knowledge of Financial market, lending based products and Wealth Management is a plus.
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA accepts transfers of H1 sponsorship for most contracting roles. We are unable to sponsor for Right-to-Hire, Fulltime, or Government roles. All parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply for all roles. Only those authorized to work for government entities will be considered for government roles. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. SGA is an EEO employer. We encourage Veterans to apply. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at www.sgainc.com