Candidates must show a passion for innovation, a sophisticated understanding of software systems and applications, and the ability to effectively manage, grow and evolve General Dynamics Information Technology's software solutions. As member of a devops agile team (managed via Scrum), the developer will need to effectively integrate into the team to deliver quality software in a timely fashion.
The full stack Java Developer position requires a Bachelor's degree in Software, Computer, or Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a specialized area or equivalent field and five years of related experience; or Master's degree and two years of related experience.
No security clearance is required at time of hire. However, applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government Public Trust background investigation. Ability to obtain DHS Suitability is required. Applicants must be granted Government Suitability in order to meet eligibility requirements to work on the program and to receive access to U.S. Government information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT), a market leader and technology innovator, is seeking talented professionals to deliver cutting edge solutions to our customers.
General Dynamics Information Technology has an immediate opening for a full stack Java Developer to join our team. The position provides an opportunity to develop the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation's fundamental defense services. General Dynamics Information Technology employees work closely with esteemed clients to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
The selected full stack Java Developer candidate will work with collaborative teams to build and further advance General Dynamics Information Technology software systems and applications. In addition to receiving a competitive salary and generous health and personal benefits, the full stack Java Developer will enhance their skill-set by working among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues. The employee will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
Full stack Java Developers conduct or participate in the research, design and development of systems software, software applications and/or tools for new programs and subprograms. Responsibilities also include enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software. In addition, these employees are responsible for coding, testing, integrating, deploying, and documenting software solutions.
* Exercise creative thinking to advance our business performance
* Deliver innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet customers' changing business needs
* Support and engage in programs, projects and practices behind the General Dynamics Information Technology's culture and strategy, and comply with all policies and procedures
* Follow industry and department trends and developments to ensure General Dynamics Information Technology's services are consistent with, and/or superior to, industry best practices
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
5-8 years of related software development experience.
Required Key Skills:
* Development experience with Spring Framework
* Development experience with Angular
* Development experience with PostgreSQL
* Development experience with OpenShift
* Understanding of, and experience, with Agile Development in a DevOps environment
* A proven record of software delivery and deployment
* In-depth understanding of object-oriented methodology, algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
* Experience writing software to be deployed to a containerized environment (Docker)
* Experience with Docker, Ansible, and Kubernetes
* Experience with testing tools such as Cucumber and Selenium
* Familiarity with DEVOPS tools and platforms such as JIRA, Jenkins, GitHub, Amazon Web Services
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Department: Information Technology