We are currently seeking a Sr Software Engineer - Kotlin
Job Location: Denver, CO (Position begins as a remote)
Duration: 18+ Months contract
Mode of Interview : Skype
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science Engineering, or a related technical degree.
- 8+ years of relevant software experience building large-scale, highly available services.
- Strong software engineering experience in Java/Kotlin, or equivalent with high proficiency in object-oriented design principles.
- Experience with functional programming and test-driven development.
- Experience with AWS products and services (EC2, ECS, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, CloudFront, MediaConvert, etc.)
- Experience with building event-driven applications using Apache Kafka, AWS Kinesis, or similar.
- In-depth experience working on relational and/or NoSQL databases.
- Ability to quickly ramp up on new domains and technologies.
- Knowledge of video streaming systems and dynamic ad insertion architectures.
- Implement data ingestion pipeline using data-lake best practices to build metrics dashboard UI on real-time data.
- Quality-first mindset with focus on test automation and CI/CD pipelines.
- Passionate about automated testing, code quality and engineering best practices.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment and have excellent communication skills.
These qualifications would make you stand out among other applicants:
- High proficiency with Kotlin.
- Experience with building UI applications using React/Angular, NodeJS and build tooling.
- Experience in container technologies like Docker/Kubernetes.