Sr Machine Learning Engineer - Intellect Product Suite
As a senior machine learning engineer, you will be aligned to the Product Development and Engineering team of ConvergeHEALTH's Intellect suite of health care provider analytics applications. ConvergeHEALTH is a part of Deloitte Consulting's Core Business Operations offering portfolio, and supports the information-based transformation of healthcare by enabling healthcare and life sciences organizations to answer the "hard questions" in healthcare-what works, for whom, why, in what context, and at what cost? The Intellect suite is a growing portfolio of subscription-based, hosted analytics applications that include Revenue Intellect and Care Intellect, among others. They are specifically focused on driving value in the health care provider space - from revenue cycle optimization to clinical variation management. Work you'll do
- This role will be involved in all phases of work related to the visioning, developing/proving out, and deployment of cognitive and machine learning techniques to address use cases aimed at improving efficiency and reducing costs associated with health care providers, specifically in areas of revenue cycle management and clinical effectiveness. This work will be integrated as new functionality and offerings into the Intellect application suite.
- In this role, along with working with the rest of the product and engineering team, you also will liaise with other junior, project-based data science practitioners to act as a sounding board, evaluate and QA methods, approaches, outcomes, and lead the process of moving POC ML models into a production/repeatable environment. Client relationship development - establishing relationships with key client end users to help drive further adoption of the application throughout and at all levels of their organization.
As part of the Machine Learning Team, you will be working with subscription clients (health care provider systems) and Deloitte project teams to implement Intellect solutions at client organizations. You will help clients ramp up on the solution through on-site and virtual trainings, deliver managed analytics/ operational insights to client organizations, and promote the continued adoption of Revenue and Care Intellect. You will straddle the fence between business and technology, using analytical expertise and healthcare domain knowledge to solve real world healthcare business problems. Qualifications
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or related fields, plus 3+ years of relevant work experience OR Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or related fields, plus 6+ years of relevant work experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Python, specifically for data science uses (NumPy, Pandas, scikit-learn, etc.).
- Experience with a range of commonly used machine learning algorithms.
- Strong knowledge of statistics, scientific method, data collection and cleaning.
- Mastery of all steps in creating machine learning solutions. This will involve data cleaning, wrangling, and exploratory data analysis, feature generation and selection, creating models, and boost their performance & accuracy.
- Experience operationalizing machine learning models in a production environment, including the development of APIs or other techniques for both real-time and batch execution of models against production data.
- Knowledge of deep learning, NLP, and big data analytics tools (e.g. Apache Spark).
- High standards for quality and performance, including the ability to develop code that is robust, well-documented and performant.
- A general interest in relevant emerging technologies and a constant thirst to further your own abilities, ranging from deeper statistical analysis and better modeling skills to honing programming and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate/articulate to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Eagerness to explore the "art of the possible" and identify where/how ML approaches can be leveraged to add value within our subject matter and offerings.
- Ability and interest in working both independently and within a broader team at various points in time, and ability to balance multiple projects or work threads simultaneously.
- The ability to develop and foster strong working relationships with internal and external clients in a virtual setting
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including Microsoft PowerPoint
- Strong self and audience awareness when interacting with internal and external stakeholders
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Ability to travel up20% (While 20% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice
How you'll grow
- Experience with AWS cloud-based machine learning platforms and capabilities - SageMaker, Comprehend/Comprehend Medical, etc., as well as cloud technology more broadly.
- Familiarity with healthcare data (e.g., EDI, bills, claims) and experience and/or interest in the US healthcare industry, including both clinical, financial/operations areas.
- Working knowledge of SQL, understanding of RDBMS/data warehousing concepts.
- Experience with Qlik Sense or other BI/analytics tools such as Tableau.
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.