POSITION SUMMARY Responsible for all activities related to the administration of DB2 z/OS databases. Implement complex or non-routine data models and database designs and data access and table maintenance codes. Assign personnel to various projects and directs their activities. Consults with application development teams and advises them of the correct usage of appropriate data manipulation techniques. Implement changes into development, QA and production environments and monitor database and system performance. Provide assistance to IT team members with issues needing technical expertise or complex systems and/or database knowledge. Assist with work plan development and work distributions for team members. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Implement complex or non-routine data models and database designs and data access and table maintenance codes. Resolve complex database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication and other distributed data issues.
- Assign personnel to various projects and directs their activities. Confer with and advises subordinates on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities, and methods.
- Consults with application development teams and advises them of the correct usage of appropriate data manipulation techniques.
- Responsible for space management, backup, monitoring and maintaining ongoing performance of databases and develops updates or modifications according to business needs. Monitor and review the work of other database administrators to ensure correct practices and procedures.
- Provide assistance to IT team members with issues needing technical expertise or complex systems and/or database knowledge. Mentor team to improve their understanding and skill and ensure they are familiar with resource materials including manuals and systems.
- Designs technical solutions and prepares implementation methods to be performed by other DBA team members.
- Provide support and backup for management. Assist with work plan development and work distributions for team members.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT Technology- Infrastructure and Engineering
- College degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years experience in database administration
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop, and maintain databases
- Thorough knowledge of underlying database management systems products and tools
- Knowledge of Disk storage mechanisms preferred
- Knowledge of programming languages helpful
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions
Do you enjoy making things work seamlessly and figuring out ways to improve functionality? Do you have a knack for automating processes? Be a part of our team that focuses on reliability and keeping our systems running. From data centers to servers, this talent is relied on to create and maintain critical platforms for the organization. If this is your skill set and you want to be at the center of work that impacts 83 million Americans, explore our opportunities. ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Technology & Innovation